1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OK, so I ditched the Boss GT-6B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EBMan, Aug 2, 2007.

1. EBMan

EBMan Guest

Oct 10, 2006
    After praising the simplicity of my Boss GT-6B over my previous pedal board, I have made an about-face. I couldn't recreate the sounds I got with my individual pedals. I'm back to single analog pedals, but this time I'm keeping it simple and forgoing the pedal board and dedicated power supply. I only use four effects and a tuner. They are an EH Small Stone, EH Baseballs, EH Little Big Muff, Dunlop Multi-Wah and a Peterson StroboStomp2.

I guess that I've been converted to singles.

2. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    In my opinion you've made a good choice, although I do like some of the boss multieffect sounds. I used to use a Bass PodXT for a while which also had some really rad sounds in it, but it never could kick as much ass as my analog pedals.

3. This summer I have made the switch from a boss gt-6b to singles as well.

I have a boss tu-2, sansamp tri-ac, boss ce-5, and im currently deciding which to keep between a dunlop 105q bass wah and morley dual bass wah. I still want a flanger and a delay, mayhaps a fuzz in the distance. But at least I'm set for now

4. I would totally go singles as well, but some tunes I play require quick shifts in delay speeds as well as complete sound changes in the middle of songs. The POD works really well for that. It's possible to do that kind of stuff in the analog world, but those types of switching systems are so expensive! I like my single pedal sounds better too.

5. just wondering, is there a reason why you can't use them together?

when I started thinking about buying effects again at the end of last year, I thought about getting a gt6b or a bass pod xt, but somehow i choose to buy single effects (thinking buying one little effect at a time would go easier on the wallet, boy was I wrong)...

I just missed out on a ME-8b for 10 euro's, damn it!

6. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    You can use them together but for one thing that kind of defeats their separate purposes and for another I haven't had good results mixing multiprocessors with analog pedals. They just don't interact like analog pedals do together, or multiple effects on a multieffect do for that matter. I don't think multieffects are designed to work with analog pedals well.

7. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    IMO, you've made good choices with the tuner, LBM, and Bassballs. I really recommend ANY kind of power supply though, like a Godlyke, 1-Spot, etc... The cost of batteries will soon enough surpass the "one-time" fee of the power supply!

Oh, and now that you're back to singles... I hope you have good self-control. ;)
    Oh, and nothing really sounds like a Bassballs.

8. EBMan

EBMan Guest

Oct 10, 2006
    Hopefully, the boss will power everything. And the 1-spot has exactly 5 plugs--just what I need.

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I use a multi and singles together. I can't be bothered with knob twiddling between songs.

The saved patches are loaded in setlist order. I just stomp on the Patch Up (or down) button and the next song's effects set/chorus/flange/phase/delay/synth/what have you settings are loaded and ready. I love it.

And I don't have to give up my fave dirt pedals and special effects either.

10. I also just gave up my GT6B for singles...
    Peterson Strobo Stomp
    MXR Blowtorch
    MXR Bass Auto Q