Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ok, so I found an amp I might wanna buy...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 0scar, Mar 19, 2005.

1. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
  2. Go with avatar cabs. They are very cheap to buy and very good quality, and you can get that head for under 300 dollars with free shipping if you buy it through avatar with your cab.

3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    www.avatarspeakers.com
    Free shipping on this amp (its the same thing, just inside a case) and it costs $278 when you buy a cab. You save $60 on the amp so you h ave $360-460 to work with... Go for the 410 Neo or the 212.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ashdown is a very nice choice among bass amps... I currently have that one's baby brother, the MAG200, in a combo. A *very* solid and nice sounding amp... the only reason I'm getting rid of it is the 200W wont cut it in a lot of my gigs (little, crappy PA support, medium-large gigs as well as outdoors stuff). Good choice.
    Also, the MAG cabs are a *very* nice match to those heads, or to any head for that matter (Icurrently run my new head into a MAG 1x15). If you can, you might want to look into them, as well as avatar.
    Just my $0.02

Ray

5. I've heard a lot of good things about all their cabs, but especially the 212

6. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    Thanks all, especially Todd for informing me on that sweet deal. I think I finally got my setup :bassist:

7. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    Well actually, now about the cab lol...

What would you all recommend? Something along the lines of 2x15 or 4x10s?

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    212 personally.

Ray

9. Avatar 2x12 and 4x10 have already been reccomended, I would get the 2x12

10. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    Alright thank you...I think I have my setup now :)

Ashdown+2x12 Sounds great.

Thank you all for the help, as terrible as this trite expression is, it's true, "I couldn't of done it without you".

haha but really thanks a bunch everyone. Later