1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ok, so I'm having problems with my Kustom

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by L.A. Moore, Mar 1, 2008.

What amp(s) To get

Poll closed Mar 7, 2008.
  1. Peavey Tour VB-2

31.6%
  2. Get Another Groove Bass 1200

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1981 RANDALL "BASS 500" AMP HEAD

5.3%
  4. sunn concert lead amp + sunn concert slave

5.3%
  5. Preamp / Amp Set up

21.1%
  6. Other option....

36.8%
  1. And I've been drinking blue moon beer. Here's a review: don't waste your time on Blue Moon Beer.

Anyways I'm having problems with my Kustom Groove bass 1200. The main volume is scratchy and so is one of the eq sliders. It should still be under warrenty so I'll get it fixed. This is the 3rd one I owned, second one with issues. So I've decieded to get rid of it and buy something new.

I love the power of the Kustom at 2 ohms. I'm going to be running into (2) 4 ohm avatar cabs. I want to know what else is out there. I'm looking for a less modern tone and tons of power. I'm running 2 channels one being tube so I'm looking for a solid state amp. also I'm going ot be playing guitar through it.

I'm thinking of a pre amp / amp set up but I wanted to know what else was out there that people like in the same price range as the Kustom. 300-600$$.

Thanks,
    L.A. Moore

Ps: I'd rather be drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon

2. I'm increasing my options and spending allowence.

I'm joining / putting together some new projects so I need a very versitile rig.

My set up now is:
    CLEAN SIDE
    sunn 200s-> avatar 212, Avatar 210 (both 8 ohm)

DIRT
    Kustom Groove Bass->avatar 212 , 210 (both 4 ohm)

I'm using this rig in a cover band, a stoner band, and to play guitar for a doom band. The guitar is tunded to D standard and drop C so it works well with my bass pedals. This set up is Bass first guitar second.

The sunn concert lead guitar amps sound awesome with the avatar cabs but I would need 2 to run both 4 ohm cabs.

The peavey is 2 ohm stable.

The 1981 RANDALL "BASS 500" AMP HEAD is cheap.

At first I wanted to keep a rack set up due to my tuner being in there, but if need be I can get a pedal tuner.

Sorry to be so long winded I just really don't know what I'm looking for.

3. I see some of you chose "another option", what did you have in mind?