ok the wishbass is finished

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nobuhiko takada, Jul 3, 2004.

1. nobuhiko takada

nobuhiko takada

Jul 1, 2004
    i am new to the forum and this is my first post.
    i saw many people talking about wish basses, and it seems thoes who own them almost swear by them and there "amazing sound" and thoes that do not own,
    yell, CRAP!!!!! bad workmanship and poor playability.
    well i had him make one up for me. so far so good..
    it looks ok in the pics, kinda weird but hay what do you expect... so $400 later we will see. i will have it this time next week... and will post my personal review, not that it matters to anyone. god i hope i did not waste my money. lol
  2. Not to sound like a jerk, but I think before posting something, you should have taken to the time to perhaps search the forums. Or the read the FAQ's and Rules.

Welcome to Talkbass though. :bassist:
  3. nobuhiko takada

nobuhiko takada

Jul 1, 2004
    no its fine.. your not a jerk at all... search what?
    this is my personal review of somthing i am getting.
    rules.. what rules????
    did i say a special word that should not be mentioned on this forum, i dont quite understand what it is you mean.. so please, not to sound like a jerk but there is nothing for me to search for....
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    A large percentage of the people who yell crap did own one, and sold it. The best that can be said for Wish is that his basses only cost $300 or $400 dollars, and it serves to illustrate where the huge jump in price comes from when comparing Wish to a real luthier who makes quality instruments. Apparently, it goes into wood quality, electronics, string spacing*, good, playable necks, any sort of attention to glue, finish, good hardware, and quality customer service.

* I saw a sixer fretless on eBay with spacing at the nut that made my eyes suffer from a serious "what the heck" moment. It was ridiculously uneven, and if you do a search, it should show up here in the Basses forum within the last week or so.
  5. welcome to talkbass!

anyways, keep us posted when it is finished and what you think of it. If you like it, you like it. I kinda think basses follow the saying,"one man's garbage is another's treasure". that is true with a lot of basses, especially fender imo, a lot of people hate them, and a lot of people swear by them. Thats probably true for wishbass too.
    btw, what design did you get? did you design it yourself?

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Pay no attention to Kaz - he's just jealous you're getting a Wish. :D Post your opinions when you receive it, and remember: it's not real if you don't have pics.

Welcome to TB. Here's some tips to help you out while you're here:

- Please spell correctly, and use proper grammar.
    - Don't make fun of extended range instruments.
    - Mike Money is our resident troll. Keep this in mind while reading his posts.
    - All new TBers must bring a sacrafice of a dozen carrots for the mods.
    - We all LOVE Fieldy. Don't knock him.
    - We also LOVE polls. Use one at every oportunity, even if your thread doesn't require one.
    - Carrots.
  7. Hmmm...i seem to readily disobay that rule :smug:
    but i wouldnt mind getting a wish....only to use as an instrument at partys and piss ups...wouldnt wanna scratch my kubicki...i like the peanuts :smug: :p
  8. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Hey, I like both of my Wishy's and they would be the last basses I would sell.(Only to another confirmed Wishnik!) Did I ever show the case Wish made for me?[​IMG]
  9. TheAmpNerd

Apr 25, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I agree whole heartedly.

Why bother posting at all. What do we want to communate?
    We should ALL just search the archives....

....there is nothing new to bass since the internet so why bother!

PS - I've wasted more time doing useless searches then I care
    to think about.
  10. May be some sarcasm in your post but yes, we should all search before we post. If we can't find the info we are looking for then post.

lbanks - Got anymore pics of that case? Kinda hard to see it from just that angle.
  11. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Sounds like someone needs a cookie and a hug.. :smug:
  12. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  13. Ahh, thanks man. Does the bass actually fit in there snugly without it sitting down in like cutout of it?
  14. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    No, I pack straps and few soft cords as cushion. To be honest, It needs to have the interior (thin fabric over housing insulation) removed and some of that foam material installed. Unfortunately, I also discovered I can put most of my video production kit(2 camera) in it and do a shoot, carrying only two cases instead of four. Guess what job it just got!
  15. nobuhiko takada

nobuhiko takada

Jul 1, 2004
    yes the bass is of custom design.
    i have a pic.. i will post it...
    it seems like a hell of a deal, getting a bass made to my
    likeing for under $500.
    but also i am a sensible person and i understad that you get what you pay for... i am not expecting a CT or anything...
    oh yeah also i got it fretted. so lets see how he does with that.
  16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Wow, I gotta say, that's a great looking case! Really, really neat. How much did that cost?
  17. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    $120, but its really pretty fair work.