Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ok...this is enough...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by relman, Dec 26, 2001.

1. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today i was over at the local "Mother's Music"...and I played THE, and I mean THE bass....

Pedulla Rapture.

I have seriously never played a fretted bass that felt so right...the maple neck just molded to my hands, and the tone was just mindblowing. I mean, with the PJ setup i could get anywhere, from John Paul Jones to Chris Squire and back...it was also extremely comfortable and perfectly balanced...

so, anyone got $3400 Canadian to spare?

I also played a Yamaha TRB4II, which was also really good, and a Jasmine (Takamine's "lower" brand) AEU which was pleasently loud and had wonderful tone...

i need a new job...:(

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Raptures are indeed pretty nice. I like my J2 5 stringer a lot.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yes, they are nice basses. I wouldn't mind owning one someday. Come to think if it, there are wayyyy too many basses that I want to own someday.:rolleyes: ;) Ain't GAS great.

4. I have a Pedulla Rapture fretless 4 With a single bart. When I first played it, I immediately fell in love W/ it and HAD to have it. So I bought it. No regrets. She just sings. It is my main bass, but I've been beating on my MIM jazz most recently to keep the wear down on the Pedulla. Anyway, I look at it like this: Yea, you may not have the money right now. BUT, you DO have the rest of your life to pay for it! :cool:
    Just do it! Once and for all.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I had a Pedulla J2000 5 string for about a week. It was a GREAT bass. Best sounding bass w/Bartolini's I've ever played. I brought it to Sadowsky's shop & A/Bed it w/a few of Sadowsky's & I returned the Pedulla to Guitar Center so I can buy my 24 fret 5 string.

I'd like to eventually buy a J2 5 string sooner or later. ;)

6. do you have a soundfile?

7. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Relman, where in canada do you live? The people who own Mothers Music are family friends.

Seems like you liked the shop:D

travis

8. Sorry, I don't.