Ok this is getting stupid....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by page, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Why in the world do people call Dream Theater Dream Theatre?
    Why would you spell it like that when it so obviously states on the Cd cover " DREAM THEATER"?

Im not even a big fan of theirs( I do like the first one and the last two though) and I can at least spell the name correct.

Yes I am very anal retentive. This is a friggin pet peeve that bothers the hell outta me! Tell me why someone would do that?
  2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Theatre is just a variant of theater, and a legitimate one at that. Your pet peeve is pretty picky... I don't like misspellings like: Lead Zeppelin
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That's the same thing!! It's spelling a band's name wrong. If a band... that's like if I spell Korn Corn. It's bad enough I don't have a backwards "r"

If you like a band/musician spell their name right.
  4. Dream Theater spelled like Theatre is like saying THE- A-TREE

Dream the A tree.
  5. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I purposly mispronouce "Theatre" in that fashion just because I am easily amused... and I have ADD.:hyper: :hyper:

6. Your mamma
  7. Your daddy, your bald-headed granny...

8. Alun

Jun 6, 2004
    Endorsing Artist - Elixir strings,Markbass amplification
    "Theatre" is the correct original English spelling, "theater" is an American English corruption.:)
  9. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    This would be true IF dream theater was from the UK, which i believe they are not.

the misspelling doesn't really bother me. It just makes me realize how stupid it is that there's a difference between English english and American english. :rolleyes:
  10. Alun

Jun 6, 2004
    Endorsing Artist - Elixir strings,Markbass amplification
    Hee hee, sorry just my odd UK sense if humour. The correct spelling for the band is the US one, I was just amusing myself with the difference.

11. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    This is correct, as well as the spelling of the word Color/colour. It's just a different way of spelling with the same pronunciation. Both are correct.
  12. Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    this is only something a smart person could be bothered about lol, get over it

13. No , I will not get over it. If I don't have something to bitch about , I get very cranky.
  14. What do you expect to happen? You think everyone will just start spelling it Theater because you say so? You're probably right, because I know that I for one am terrified:bag:
  15. Well they should feel stupid for spelling it wrong. Yes because I say so . Yes Yes Yes YES yES Don'tcha know Don'tcha know

page = Matriarch Patriarch Godking. Duh
  16. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

In Canada, we spell theatre like that. And we still pronounce it like theater. Same with the word centre.

17. Technically, because "Dream Theater" is a proper noun, changing the spelling of "Theater" to "Theatre" is indeed incorrect.

That said, I really don't care if someone does. :smug: