1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OK this woman is BAD!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by two fingers, Jan 8, 2020.

1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Boys, keep it clean. Don't go 12 year old on me. This is about these ladies' CHOPS!!!! Holy crap! They're all crazy good. But that rhythm section surpasses the original! (Garibaldi and Prestia) Coming from me, a HUGE TOP fan, that's saying something.

Also, where did she get that guard??? Want!

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    The pickguard looks like a seller I've seen on ebay and almost ordered from (still mean to get back to that though). I'll see if I can dig up the contact and if he's still on ebay. Id was "Sorian"something, from Germany, if I recall correctly....

Edit: I think I found them on Etsy and Reverb now: ertmermusic Nothing for sale now, on vacation, but check some of their past item sale pics, I would bet that's where it's from... ....found their main website with example pics: ertmermusic

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  3. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Wow! Thanks for sharing!

SirMjac28 and DJ Bebop like this.
  4. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Yeah, definitely some impressive playing!

DJ Bebop and two fingers like this.
  5. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Thanks!

6. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Oh, and reading their "About" page, it's a "she", not a "he". Pretty cool backstory. Old school engraving talent. :thumbsup:

equill and two fingers like this.
  7. Saw that lass playing in a blues band on YT just the other week. Top Notch stuff.

@two fingers
    I'm afraid the "50+ going on 12" contingent will be along pretty soon :thumbsdown:

8. rutrho

rutrho

Mar 29, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    Sadly I'm expecting them to be here soon... I'll have to give that a listen when i get home from work tonight.

br1qbat, DJ Bebop and two fingers like this.
  9. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Tell me true, TF: If instead they were males, would you care as much and be as impressed?

10. I've been reading "Hippies Ruin't Hillbilly Music " recently. Quote that stood out was "You never see Japanese folks playing the Blues.".

Gender aside, She's Japanese and plays in a blues band. That's enough to impress me.

11. TheDirtyLowDown

TheDirtyLowDown

Mar 8, 2014
    Wow! That made my day! Thanks for sharing. I love covers that take an original tune in an interesting new direction and have musicianship that meets or exceeds the original. This is a win on both counts. So cooll!

12. They are all great but man oh man I just loved the drummer! She's inspiring me to play the drums!

13. Growing up on music videos in the 80s, I closed my eyes during part of it just to listen and still enjoyed tremendously.

14. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Looks like an Alperious pickguard and that was an awesome jam, totally dig it

RickG1, FerK and two fingers like this.
  15. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    The Gene Deer Band
    Slap - ugh. o_O

16. jeffb28451

jeffb28451 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    Wow! Thanks. One of my favorite old tp numbers. Well played, well done! Lot of fun.

two fingers likes this.
  17. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Not really slap but more like double thumbing on this particular tune. The Bassist, drummer, and keyboardist are all session musicians and she is influenced by Marcus Miller.

18. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    I saw this one a while back. Pretty damn awesome.

Clark Dark and two fingers like this.
  19. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    I thought the mental midgets were all over at the Danish big band on jalapenos (or whatever) thread. :roflmao:

20. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Not really. She's mostly using the side if her thumb to pluck up and down. Almost like a pick player who uses both up and down strokes. She does very little traditional funk slap. And she is tearing that song up.... along with a solid drummer.