OK to run Carvin R1000 bridged into SVT 410HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by socalpyropunk, Jul 8, 2002.

1. the R100 puts out 700 watts bridged at 8 ohms and the svt can handle 500 watts RMS at 8 ohms. If I was to keep the volume below half would I be at risk of hurting my cab. should I just play it safe and run the cab out of one side of the amp at 225 watts?
  2. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    You should be fine, you'll be getting the maximum output of your cab. I thought the SVT410HE was 400 watts RMS though... :confused:
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    well.. i think you may have meant to say if you run your amp at MORE than half you run the risk of hurting your cab... but thats not exactly true.. however, you don't want to just turn your amp all they way up and start beating your bass...

and only using one side of your amp giving you 225 watts may not be enough for what you play. My nemesis combo is a 200 watt amp and i often had trouble hearing myself... and turning your amp all they way up when it is only putting out 225 watts can really tear up your speakers.. your amp will start to distort and clip your speakers and eventually you'll have to replace those speakers

I run my carvin DCM1500 bridged into my Ampeg bxt410hl.. it is 600 watts RMS, 1200 peak and it works great.. I of course don't turn the amp on full, but I can definately be heard pretty much anywhere I will ever need to play.
  4. I havn'th ad a chance to test it out with the rest of the band but I think I'm going to run it bridged and keep the under half. thing is. I was playing and think I had it at like half. gave a small slap and there was a loud pop. The speakers are all fine but I won't be playing very loud with it.

My first practice with the amp and my band is tommorrow and I have just been informed we have a Warner Brothers rep that heard our CD that is comming to the practice. this'll be interesting
  5. Yeah go figure..what Ampeg prints on their website and what they print on the cab itself is different. Both the SVT 410HE and 410 HLF have 500 watt RMS and 1000watt peak ratings on the back of them but on the website Ampeg says they both handle 400 watts RMS
  6. I tried running a Carvin 410 with one side of my R1000 at a reggae gig in a large room a whiile ago and it just wouldn't get loud enough.Bridging it works much better with one 8ohm cab.