ok, velcro question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by john turner, Aug 4, 2009.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ok, you guys who use velcro to set your pedals, do you put the fuzzy part on the pedal or the hook part on the pedal?

is there a standard? :D if not, there should be. we could start a club - the "hooker side down pedal connection club".

(the irony being, of course, that i haven't yet decided yet if i am going to use velcro or not). :hyper:

2. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    I always put the fuzzy (loop) side on the pedal and the hook on the board. But I've seen it the other way around as well. But I suppose if you put the hook side on the pedal, then you'd be able to attached to other fuzzy surfaces.

3. René_Julien

René_Julien Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Mostly it's hook side on the pedal.
    Because there are many "off the shelf" pedalboards that have the carpet on the bottom.

Also... if you're doing it ass backward like you intend to... there may be some drawbacks in the long run.

I know you have some cats walking around the house John. ...
    On second thought... it would be cool that in several years it would be relic'ed with cat hair. :D

4. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    Bonus points for attaching pedals to your cats...

5. René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    :D

"What's that squeaky sound when you tap your chorus pedal?"
    - "That's actually not coming from the pedal. :meh:"

6. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Hooks on the pedal, fuzz on the board. That way the pedals will also stick to carpeted stages without the board, the side of your cabinet (if it's not Tolex or truck liner), the arm of your sweater, etc.

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's what i'm thinking too - hooks on the pedal (hooker side down, in other words :D ) just makes sense.

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    no, if i do it, i planned on doing it with the hooks on the pedal bottom.

and yeah, great idea about the cats, didn't even think of that. who needs a pedalboard. :D

9. René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Ah... uhm... that's confusing.

I thought with "hooker side down" you meant on the pedalboard.
    And "fuzzy on top" (heh, that sounds dirty too :D) you meant on the pedals.

You meant: hooker side facing down.

10. speaking of cats try this... hold your cat (you should be standing up), get him nice and calm and purring, put your cell phone on viberate, lay your phone on your cat, have your friend/spouse call your cell... let me know what happens.

11. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    One more advantage to 3M Dual Lock: no confusion about how to orient your hookers.

12. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    do you also lament over which piece of bread to put the peanut butter on and which for the jelly?

13. René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    You can turn your sandwich around with no problems. With a pedalboard it's dangerous... I know from experience.
    I need duct tape.

And to answer your question... just be careful not to put peanut butter and jelly on the outside. :D

14. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Jelly first, on whichever bread side the jar is closest to in order to prevent dripping. Peanut butter is always second because a small amount of jelly inside the PB jar is not nearly as gross as a big chunk of peanut butter in the jelly jar, as well as the fact that cleaning jelly from a knife using the Bread Wipe method is much more effective than attempting to dislodge peanut butter in a similar fashion. Finally, due to the whole gravity fighting abilities of it all, peanut butter can safe be transferred to the more distant slice of bread without worry of unnecessary spillage.

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    all kidding aside, i felt that knowing the "Standard" (if there was one) way of orienting the velcro would impact the resale value less than inadvertantly getting it wrong.

16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

hmm. that stuff looks cool. i'll have to check it out.

17. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    glad to see some good humor on tb today lolhit.gif

18. Yep. Hook side on the pedal...

Found out the hard way when i used my boss tuner off the board with the soft side on it. It ended up acting like a banana peel and i was layed out... on stage... durring a performance... AFTER a song which is way worse because it's all quiet then OOF!

:crying::scowl::bawl:

19. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    yeah, I don't like velcro much, but it would be useful if I had a pedal board. but I have carpets and a cat.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021