Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ok virus..help me out guys

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by steve-o, Dec 18, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i thought i saw the solution somewhere..but its the one on AIM..i can't believe i found ..... pic on the internet..

my friend has it..and is there any other damage it does?

thanks
    steve

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    here ya go.....AIM Virus

the search feature rocks!

-Mike

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    It's bad karma, send tyler his cab and all will be well.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    uh...ohh....

-Mike

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    thanks guys he got it off..i didn't see the thread when i searched..

im trying tim...this is hard to ship..especially since mons the last day of my job:(

steve

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    First off, I realize this is probably none of my business, but I like to think that the bulk of the trading and such that goes on here is fair. Tyler IM'ed me about a month ago telling me about his new rig, and how excited he was. Heck, he can't even try the head he got without a cab. Cabs can be a pain, I have shipped them before, but this is pretty uncool in my opinion. Had there been this much problem to get it out, you probably shouldn't of taken his money.

Come on Steve, you are the king of net trading, you know how much it sucks to have to wait on something.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    If you don't have the means to ship something in a reasonable amount of time, don't accept the money. This is EXTREMELY UNCOOL. You should refund Tyler his money immediately.

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'm failing to see a connection to ending the job vs. taking care of month old priorities? :confused:

What makes it even crappier, is that you're trying to trade off more gear before taking care of your old priorities? I'm really not trying to bust your chops, I just know how TH feels, and it isn't cool at all. I'm donating a nice 3' speaker cable, which I paid like $35 for, to Tyler to help him out. The least you can do is give him his cab, or if it is too much trouble, his money back.

Since you are losing your job anyway, sounds like a perfect reason to skip a day and take care of what you have already been paid for....right???

9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i totally understand beleive me....usually i have boxes from work i can use..but i don't now..but i am sending it out so now worries...

i don't usally have a problem..and i had a box from a friend o so he said "yeah no prob just stop by tomorrow and ill have one" stop by, o no i didn't get one

and none of the music store (3) have any this size

im not making excuses im just saying what has happened

but it is getting out

steve

10. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    everyone does have there problems time to time

steve

11. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    If it's been a month, you need to bite the bullet and go BUY a box from any shipping/office supply store and get it shipped. period.

FWIW, Steve, I had no issues with the deal we made, everything worked out well. But in this case... I can see maybe not getting it out for a week, maybe even two.. but a month?

Get it shipped, bro.

12. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ok..im sending it no probs

and im giving hima guitar since i know thats what he wants..(along with his cab)...a mini explorer...its a great guitar too...

steve