Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ok, Who Bid On This Neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  2. what's the problem? :confused:

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If that's how you feel after seeing that fingerboard, I'd hate to see what your basses look like ;) :D

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I actually did that to a 4 string version of the same bass. It came out much nicer though.

It was my first bass so I could not bare to let it go, but it wasnt getting action, so I defretted it, filled the slots and covered it with a few layers of polyeurothane. It plays and sounds great now.

That on the other hand is a disaster.

Peace
    Nick

5. Bryan, I thought that was what you maybe meant, but I wasnt sure. Surely this can be fixed? The idea of bidding on it..???

*shrugs* :rolleyes: :D

6. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    10 bucks basically is paying for the string tree, the neck plate nad the screws, from the looks of htose tuners they seem about as good as the rest of the neck

7. [​IMG]

those machineheads are terrible- I had a set of those on my Dearmond Jetstar Special, and changed them for Gotoh GB7 copies.
    I can't believe Ibanez used them on a 5string.