1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ok, who DIDN'T laugh at this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phendyr_Loon, May 12, 2011.

1. We actually have quite a few decent micro brews, & for me, Bud/Miller/Coors/etc=*beer-flavored water*
    Not saying I so much *know* good beer, but I have lots of experience w/bad. :atoz:

2. As soon as I saw the title, I clicked it off.

3. Shh, stop ruining my stereotype. :p

4. That's why you mix beer-flavored water with clam-flavored tomato juice.

5. That wasn't the *clam juice* i was referring to. ;)

6. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Trololo

7. *sigh* I am dissapoint, as well.

8. Why in the world is that "R" word censored out? That's just crazy, especially on a music forum. It can be used as a musical term!

Oh yeah... not really funny, but not totally unfunny either.

Here's one I did find funny in that same stupidly funny way...

Youtube - Badger, Badger, Mushroom, Mushroom

9. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Badger badger is a thousand time better then the OP's vid.

10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
  11. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    + infinity.

12. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    +1. consider the countless microbreweries just in the US (not to mention homebrewers like myself) trying to clone Belgian ales, such as my personal favorite Chimay, should be flattering to folks who call Belgium home. Not to mention trying to erase the stigma that all Americans love to drink Coors and Miller lite. Overlooking the fact that one of the most popular American beers, Budweiser, is a lager which originates from one of Belguims close neighbors. Imitation is the finest form of flattery.

But this isn't so much about the history of beer as it is a dumb@ss video on YouTube appealing to my adolescent sense of humor.

13. JdoubleH

JdoubleH Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Ellerslie, Georgia
    Today I learned that clamato is clam flavored tomato juice...

...and threw up in my mouth a little

(but at least it was manwich mmmmm... almost as good the second time).

14. US beer taste is coming around. I think most people like the good stuff, they just don't know it yet.

The US has developed some new-ish styles, although the English, German, Irish, and Belgian clones are generally of pretty good quality.

Nonetheless, I'm surprised a Belgian didn't like the "ale" connotation, considering they're perhaps some of the best and wildest ales in the world.

15. Tune!

Imitation is one thing. Taking the name, making your own crappy product and then trying to sue the pants off the original company, is another!

The name is about as close as it gets!

16. Well i think that the Ale thing was just some kind of marketing done for the foreign market as a way to make it sound fancier and to make sure people make the difference between them and a lager!

In Belgium all our beers are called beer we dont differentiate them like that! Some are 'Trappist Beer', some are "Abbey Beer" some are "special Beer" but they are all Beer!

When we think of Ale we think of the horrible warm, flat piss you drink in the UK, like London Pride and all those! For me Ale is drank at room temperature and is flat, it usually doesnt have a head either!

17. The original Budweiser Budvar is a czech beer!
    Funnily enough, the US Budweiser had the balls to sue the czech one on the name even though the czech on existed before the USA where a country!

18. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Yup, now it's called Czechvar, IIRC. Good stuff.

19. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    There is DEFINITELY a difference between ales and lagers in taste, ingredients, and brewing process! It is NOT a fancy marketing scheme, it is called centuries of selecting the right hops and barley and formulating a distinct brew from the hundreds of yeast stains.

I remember when I had MY first beer.