1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ok, who DIDN'T laugh at this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phendyr_Loon, May 12, 2011.

1. Indeed there are some US breweries that make nice European lagers. Boulevard has a very nice pilsner and Sam Adams had an interesting take with their Noble Pils.

I've never bothered to learn why certain styles belong in a certain glass, but it's hard to beat a saison in a tulip glass!!!

Believe it or not, but there's a small, but growing population that's very fascinated with Belgian beers. I once read an article that the average home brewer thinks of alcohol more often than the average alcoholic.

Nonetheless, Belgian beers are doing well among the US microbrew crowd. Some of the US microbreweries are making some impressive Belgian ales, too. Boulevard's farmhouse ale is one that comes to mind.

2. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    Spade, Sam Adams Noble Pils is my favorite brew of theirs! It inspired my love for homebrewing pilsners. The Boston lager isn't bad either.

Where is Boulevard located? I'm a sucker for a new brewery experience.

3. Sam Adams has a few good beers, a lot of blah beers, and a few amazing ones from time to time. Nobel pils was one of the best I can remember in recent years. Their Longshot series featured a grapeseed pale ale that was also unique and amazing.

Boulevard is located in KC. Most of their standard beers were decent, though nothing special. About 3 years ago, they started getting pushing the limits with their Smokestack series. They have a pretty impressive double IPA and the aforementioned farmhouse ale.

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I like Sam Adams noble pils. It's good

5. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    i will give it a try.

6. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    This thread is so much better now that it's about beer.