Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OK, who here has actually played a Wishnevsky?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Seriously, all BS aside, who here has played one of these things? I just put a bid for $21.17 on one (the amount I had in my wallet). Unfortunately, the reserve must be at $22.00 or something astronomical like that :D

I remember back when someone named squeegee or something bought one, but never posted about the sound. For all the bad rep this guy gets (and may well deserve), I've yet to hear about the sound those "functional art pieces" put out.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You gotta be kidding me. No one?

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I don't WANT to play one.:D :p

4. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, most of them certainly are butt-ugly, and the whole plastic nut/bridge thing isn't really a turn-on, but I want to know if the guy deserves all the crap he gets. Looks are nice, but the sound is much more important.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Anyone that did isn't living to tell the tale.

6. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    there's some really nice pieces on his website; so far, most of what i've seen for sale on ebay has been low end stuff, but some of his high end pieces, especially the jazz guitars, look really nice.

i'd like to have one, i dig his body designs, and the headstocks are really cool. i think they look nice, and i might buy one of the cheapies just because.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Are you killing them?:D

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Of couse not...

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    All were completly innocent accidents right? :D

10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ah, thank you. So apparently it sounds ok, despite really bad luthier work. At least his website offers some reasons for some of his design choices that I thought were pretty imbecilic.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wishey has a website?

12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut