1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OK... who uses loofahs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Call, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Sure do.

18 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. Dude... no.

35 vote(s)
    54.7%
  3. What's a loofah?

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    :D

2. ummmm, dude, no. Not me.

3. loofahs are so awesome. I love them. I am a user.

4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    If you got liquid soap and no loofah, what are you going to do?

Buy bar soap I guess.

Interesting about them being bacteria carriers. I think I'll switch back to bar soap. But wait, isn't bar soap a carrier of bacteria too, because it is constantly rubbing on a partially washed body? Plus it sits on a dirty counter.

5. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    There are probably bacteria in this thread too.

Oh, and I don't use loofahs, but I have unknowingly used one in the past. I felt very disturbed afterwards.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I use liquid soap. I pour it in my hand and lather myself up and use my hand to agitate everything. If I'm really dirty like I've been mowing the lawn I use a wash rag. Day to day though just using my hands and running the water over myself is enough to get me clean...seriously...what is the average non-manual laborer gonna get on him or her during the course of the day that needs more than that? Now Mike N on the other hand...I don't see how mechanics get all that grease off. I'll have it under my nails for days after working on my car.

bc

7. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Ding. Quote of the week winner. :)

8. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    This whole thread is extremely bizarre.

9. Yeah, that was quite argueably the weirdest question I have heard in my 6+ years here at TB, and trust me, this group can dish out some SERIOUS strange.

No, I don't. Why would I want to scrub my body with something that looks like a gigantic pink cat threw up?

And, for Pete's entertainment:

"He asked him knowingly. Know what ah meen? Know what ah meen? Nudge nudge, grin grin, say no more."

"Look are you insinuating something?"

Rock on
    Eric

10. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    You call THIS weird? You've never been to a gaming forum. I quit gamespot and came here a while ago, and I can tell you, this is normal. If i get in a more creative mind state, I might show you something a little more WTFish, but i'm kind of kerfluffled right now. I just woke up, you know.

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    There are a few tricks you can use to get a bunch of road dirt, grease, etc. from under your nails or anywhere for that matter. After having a couple vehicles that would leave my hands and arms caked with grease just from removing the oil filter, I had to find something good. And those gritty soaps that come with the brush with the plastic bristles wasn't doing the trick.

After accidentally using a rag I'd already mopped up some oil or gas with to wipe my hands, I found it takes the grit right off instantly. WD40 works, too.

12. Indeed, gasoline was first sold as a household cleaner before it became a widely-used vehicle fuel. When a couple of dudes drove across the United States in the first decade of the 20th century, they bought fuel at drugstores.

People also commonly used gasoline as a dry cleaning solvent before the advent of more modern chemicals in the '30s, and even well into the '50s. From what I've read, people horribly burned themselves this way (as a result of someone dropping a cigarette nearby, the furnace clicking on, etc.) on a fairly regular basis.

13. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    "Aahh waush maa self with a raaag on a steeyuck". Bart Simpson's dream.

I have a manly black loofah. About the bacteria thing - codswallop. Bacteria can't survive in soap, and anyway it saves so much liquid soap over just using hands!

I like this waterblating idea...........

14. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Some bacteria can survive quite nicely on the lipid content of the soap, and even if they can't, there are always those wonderful spores that just don't go away.

Most of the body washes I see on the shelves these days have an antibacterial component, but many don't. Those frou-frou lotion-heavy body washes are probably as good as agar gelatin for developing bacterial cultures.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Bill O'Reilly! :bag:

16. I'll just stick with my frequently laundered washcloths.

17. Never have, never will. I'm way too manly.

18. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I may have eaten a loufah once at a fancy restaurant...

shower-shock.gif

Any of you guys try this stuff?

It seems almost wrong.

I don't htink I could pay that much for soap.

19. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    A bar of soap is all a man needs.

I mean, things that look like My Little Pony accesoires???

20. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Lava soap and steel wool works for me.