SOLD OKAY--$299 free shipping CONUS today only! Traveler Bass TB-4P

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by soulstew, Jan 22, 2018.

1. soulstew

soulstew Supporting Member

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Price:
    $299
    Strings:
    Price Drop! Was $339, now $319 $299 Free shipping CONUS.
    Last call for this one--I've sold two other pieces and like this one too much to just give it away. Plus I have travel coming up this summer, so I'll use it if I still have it. I have my own FedEX account so shipping is discounted from retail.

Traveler Guitar TB-4P 32" scale travel bass in Candy Apple Red with maple neck and rosewood board. Built-in headphone amp. Comes in original soft case.

Those of you who have played these know it is an honest-to-gosh totally giggable bass, and a blast to play. Sounds like a P-Bass with its Duncan-Designed Mustang pickups. Scale is just slightly less than a standard Precision (32" vs. 34") so it doesn't feel so much like a short scale as a very fast standard scale bass. As I say, they're tons of fun to play.

These go for $499 new from multiple online sources and big box stores. This one is extremely clean, with some swirling on the back that is hard to photograph.

I bought this before a stretch when I was traveling regularly, and really enjoyed having it along on the trips, and will be more than happy to keep it if I sell something else first. I have just made a hefty purchase, though, and as per my rules I need to reimburse the family checking account, so I'm listing some gear and will unlist whatever's left when I hit the total I need.

Here's a link to Amazon's page on this model, where you can find lots of specs and info.
    https://www.amazon.com/Traveler-Guitar-TB-4P-Electric-Travel/dp/B0053PTFX0

Price includes 1/2 of shipping to CONUS, buyer pays the other half (up to a max of $15 from you). We can use my personal account, which is cheaper than the over-the-counter rate.

Sorry, can't ship out of country due to rosewood fretboard.
    PM with questions or offers. NO Trade offers please, as I need to raise funds.
    Thanks for looking.

DSC02917_zpsmjthrxre.jpg DSC02922_zpsr7sshk2r.jpg
    DSC02920_zpsmhunmdvy.jpg DSC02921_zpsecrlkofi.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    i've played gigs with mine. a well-constructed instrument.

soulstew likes this.
  3. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    I have one of these too. Incredibly lightweight and maneuverable. Sounds amazing!

GLWTS.

soulstew likes this.
  4. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    I played this one when I was done taking pictures, and it has by far the lowest, buzz-free action of any of my basses. The frets are really well-leveled and it plays effortlessly.

selowitch likes this.
  5. David_70

David_70 Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2012
    I’ve had one for 6 years now. Sounds surprisingly good plugged into an amp — while its built-in headphone and aux jacks are perfect for silent practice. Easily fits in overhead compartment of plane when traveling. Strung mine with Chromes. Great bass — and great scale (32”). GLWTS.

soulstew likes this.
  6. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Thanks for your good wishes gentlemen! I couldn't agree more. I've had nothing but fun with mine. Wish I didn't have to sell anything to pay this other purchase off. It won't break my heart if this one stays, either...

7. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    All pm's replied to. Currently still available.

8. chilliwilli

chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    SO does this take normal full scale strings?

Is the battery just for the headphone amp? Will it still be able to be played normal through an amp without it?

9. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Yup to both. Standard strings, and the battery is just for the headphone amp. Plays normally (i.e. passively) through an amp, with or without the battery.

selowitch likes this.
  10. halfwound121

halfwound121 Supporting Member

I've had one for years. At first it was a bit odd not having a headstock, but it played wonderfully. I don't hesitate to take it out anytime, and would play a gig with it if i were still doing that. I had 2 at one time, red and burst, sold the red, and regret it. Now they don't offer the red anymore, so this will be hard to find down the road.

soulstew likes this.
  11. Ricky_K

Ricky_K Rick K Supporting Member

May 14, 2013
    St. Paul, MN
    Is this puppy still available? I might be crazy enough to give it a try.

soulstew and selowitch like this.
  12. selowitch

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    You won't regret it. Mine sounds soooo good. I get compliments on its tone all the time. Fun, portable, and the truss rod is super-easy to adjust!

soulstew likes this.
  13. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    There is a deal pending. I'm just waiting for payment. If it falls through, you're next in line.

selowitch likes this.
  14. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Payment received, shipping out today. Thanks everyone for your interest and good wishes!

15. fimfie

fimfie

Feb 14, 2011
    I've just picked one of these up and am so impressed with it. Having read this thread i have learnt that the battery is only for the headphones. I thought it was active throughout. Last night I did my first gig with it and it was fine but lacked a bit of punch. I now realise that i have to change my amp head to 'passive'.
    Any further tips with this great instrument much appreciated.

16. selowitch

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    I'd love to discuss the TB-4P with you! However, discussions not pertaining to buying and selling are probably best conducted elsewhere on Talkbass from the Classifieds; e.g., in these threads:
    1. Here
    2. Here
    3. Here
    I hope I will see you there!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021