Okay Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigbadwolf1314, Jul 14, 2004.

1. I know there are probably topics like this a lot but oh well. I am looking for an amp for around 450 or less that I would be able to play small shows with and just jam. I play Phish sort of stuff if that helps...
  2. I can maybe get those for wholesale through my dad.

3. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    i've got a pv tnt 115 and that thing is hella loud. If i put the pre gain and volume at 12 o clock my whole room shacks with the eg set at 0 too. It's a very good amp kinda heavey but well worth it. 5 year warrenty also and you can hook another cab to it.
  4. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    I had an old peavey TNT (80s? maybe even 70s?) combo. It was ridiculous loud, no problem at gigs. It sounded pretty crappy, but the word around town is the new ones sound much much better.
  5. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I'd agree with the Peavey suggestions. Ampeg makes quality combos... but the price isnt quite worth it, I think. One of my friends is just starting out and he got an Ampeg BA-210SP. 220Watts.... an ok little combo, I guess.... but he paid about $650. If I knew he was gonna pay that much for a combo, I'd have turned him onto the GK combos.

But yeah... Peavey would probably be the way to go for you, if you dont think you'd want to expand to a rig in the near future.
  6. I believe that Peavey Bass Combo 115 would be suitable. Loud enough for most, lots of low end out of the 15 inch speaker (not much mids or highs without a tweeter) and upgradeable later on by buying a 4ohm 2X10 cab to get more watts out of the amp and more highs and mids.

But, this thing is bloody heavy. And fairly big. I'm not sure if you want to be carrying it around alot.

Just some points. It might be the best bang for the buck, and when you don't have alot of bucks. It's similar to what I started with and I'd do it all over again.