Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Okay, enough's enough!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, May 6, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Since Metallica is coming out with a new album in May, alot of rock stations have started a promotional thing calling the month of May, "Maytallica". However, Little Lars has stepped in and said that using that phrase is copyright infringement, and has gone so far as to threatening to take some stations to court. These guys should sell their homes and move into giant bras, because they're a bunch of boobs! These guys are becoming worst than jokes. They're bordering on pathetic now. :rolleyes:

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Lars and the rest of "moneytallica" (can I get sued for using that :rolleyes: have become a bunch of shameless sue-happy bastards, and I am extremely sick of them. I mean, really, are they so hard up for money that they need to sue radio stations for making an extra $50 off saying "Maytallica"? If anything, they should be thanking the radio stations for promoting their album and making sure every last rock-listening person in america knows exactly when the album comes out and why they "have to" run out and but it right now. I won't be buying the new album.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    really? i'd like to read something about that - got a link?

4. This is the first time I have heard anything about this. No offense, or discredit, to you Woodchuck (I seriously mean that) but I am skeptical :meh: and would like to know your source of this info and how creditable they are.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  6. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    so is this a gossip page or for real? i mean, is this a real news item, or did this chick who wrote it make this up or take something out of context?

7. i dislike metallica with a passion. i really hate the way they conduct themselves. to me, it seems like all they care about is the money. i have no reason to think otherwise. i think the only people who still like them are those die hard fans who would like them no matter what sh*t they released. this is probably just another one of their publicity stunts to promote their record (even though it originated with teh radio stations promoting it, so i don't see why they are b*tching). as if they don't have enough money already. why don't they help out other people in need, instead of being so greedy. evil.

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  9. truly good people do good things, and then don't brag about it.

i find it curious to see this article written that praises them and the good thing they did on metallica.com

big suprise.

im not saying i am a saint or anything, but by playing one show for prisoners (obviously not the most deserving audience), that still doesn't mean that they aren't trying to bring in all this useless money. i mean it just gets to a point where you don't have anything to do with the money but see how much you can have and how much you can keep from other people.

10. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    wow........lars should be kicked out for being such a dingbat. Matallica is one of my favorite bands, music-wise, but the way they, as woodchuck said, outrun the jokes and do stupid things themselves, is horrible. I'm sure most fans, upon hearing this, feel the need to hang their heads in shame once again, for their favorite band has done another stupid thing again.

I know I would probably start giving junk away for free once I had enough cash set aside to live comfortably, which is what ALL successful bands should do IMO.

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Lars once threated to sue over a wheel that had the name...

Sad.

12. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO

That's exactly what ran through my head when I read the article. While I don't think prisoners should be treated like trash or anything, Most of the people ( I realize our justice system ain't perfect) are in there because they demonstrated that they cannot act responsibly among in a normal social setting, and are recieving the payment for their choices. Why not do a benefit concert for orphans or something? Not saying they shouldn't mention the thing on their site either- it was Rob's first show with them- but the whole article reeked of "Look how great metallica is". Kinda cool to see them do something humanitarian and not compeltely profit driven ( I think they have done something similar to this before), but...
    Self proclaimed humility or goodness is an oxymoron.

13. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I will get there new album off of Kazaa just to be an a** and not give them my $15. great old band new band sucks