Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Okay! Fortress Time!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gottawalk, Aug 10, 2005.

1. I've seen lots of Warwicks on the site, and they're all beautiful! ...but since they're out of production, there's not much talk of the Fortress. I have a fretless Fortress 1 that plays like a dream! :bassist: My first Warwick. I'm hoping to get another; 5-string if possible. (GAS attack!)

I'll post my photo as soon as I get it downloaded from my camera, in the meantime here's my only photo on file. How 'bout showing me your FORTRESSES! I'd love to see them! (Getting a little tired of seeing so many "thumbs" out there...). Give me an age, too. Mine's around 11 years old and still "growlin'"! :D

Attached Files:

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    There in Lyon there is a pretty good deal on a 5strings Fortress One, used of course, slightly abused (big scratch on the back) but with neck and elec in perfect condition, about 500 EUR. Would you consider this a great deal ?

3. mlu

mlu

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    My New Fortress. I love it to death. Even though it hasnt arrived yet. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. yes!! thats about 300quid sterling!! i say go for it , no one ever sees the back anyway!

5. I personally prefer the look of the Fortress to that of any other Warwick currently made. Great looking bass.

7. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I'm just waiting for my new 4string, a Vigier Arpege. It will surely replace my MIJ reissu '75 Jazzbass as my main bass and maybe my jazzbass will become unusefull. I'm thinking of selling it to pay this Fortress... I'll let you know !

Anyway, those are great basses. The elec is good (rare enough to my eyes to be notified), the lutherie great. I love the neck, big, not radiused, strings very closed. It could be a perfect 5strings for me.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I thought the Fortress Flashbacks were pretty cool.

9. Yeah. I just saw one. Check out any posts by "jive1". He's got a link at the bottom. He's got one for sale.
    "Ocean Blue finish, ash body, SD MM/J lipstick pickups, wenge fingerboard, ovankol neck."

(See if this works) http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2217754

Off-white pearl pick-guard which looks great on the Blue. If it were a 5-string I'd be GAS-ing 'bout now.