1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Okay, I'm an idiot (Octavius Squeezer content)...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MakiSupaStar, Oct 20, 2009.

1. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    A fellow TB'r loaned me his Octavius Squeezer. I was so stoked that I read the whole manual for this thing. He said that I could overwrite/delete his banks and settings, and he wouldn't care. So while I was working with the pedal, it kept freezing up on me saying something like "reading disc" which is in reference to the SD card that it uses. So I thought it would be a good idea to restore it back to the defaults and start my adventure with the pedal from the very beginning. So I turned the the "reset all" setting on, and I then reset all. I thought this was the way to restore the defaults, unfortunately, the manual is not very clear. This not only completely erases all the presets, but it erases the whole freakin' box. I now have a nice pretty Octavius Squeezer pedal that has no software or digital interface whatsoever. It does nothing.

I put the upgrade on an SD card, and that nothing. So now I guess I'm looking for some file that I can put on the SD card so I will restore the pedal back to it's default original state. Is this possible? Anyone have this file they could email me? Anyone from Chunk here? :help::atoz::help:

Yes. I know. I'm an idiot. :scowl:

2. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Dude.

Ya blew it.

3. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    It's on the chunk site but I think you have I register it before you can acres the downloads. If no one else does before I get home (about 3 hours) I have it on my desktop and I can email it to you.

4. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
  5. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Also, if it keeps freezing, make sure you are usin a suitable power supply that can supply enough mA. If you have a load of pedals on a daisy chain and are overloading the supply, the unstable power makes it behave strangely.

6. How did you accidentally the Octavius Squeezer?

In your defense, they should not put those kinds of controls on those things. That is asking for trouble.

7. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ok. I'll wait to hear back from him. I don't want to register his pedal without his permission or consent.

Screech - You have to try pretty hard to get into this mess. First you have to turn on the feature, then you can do it. My problem was I thought this was what I needed to do. :atoz:

8. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    As a side note, if you send an email during waking hours (Australia time) Richard Cartwright from Chunk will generally respond in short order.

9. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I emailed them through the info@chunksystems.com email. Does that hit Richard? I addressed it to him anyway.

10. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Yep. He's answered every email I've sent to that address. He's a stand-up guy and will get you squared away if you need any help.

11. sevenorchids

sevenorchids Supporting Member

The "Reading Disc" error comes when you aren't giving the pedal enough power. I had it on my PP2+ and was continually getting that error. Pulled it off the PP2+, powered it with its own power supply, and haven't had an issue since.

12. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    If you still need it, shoot me a PM

13. They should have put adequate warning, at least. Like: You are about to FUBAR this pedal. Do you wish to proceed? or something.

14. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah. The manual could have been a little clearer. After I did it, I must have reread that section over like 5 times to see if I missed some reference to what I've done. Perhaps they can add a sentence or two in big bold letters or something.

Cory, thanks bro. Sevenorchids stoked me out and emailed me the files. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. Probably won't until Thursday. I figure someone from Chunk will get back to me by then too. I'm optimistic that I'll be able to remedy this with all this.

15. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    I have reset'd my octavius before and it only erases every preset and restore all to factory settings it wont erease the software from the pedal...

16. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Really?? So your pedal worked? Hmm. The one I have is not working. I can see the software, like 'square wave' and adjust different settings and stuff, but 1) There's no sound coming through, and 2) all the presets are gone. Still with that said, I would actually like the presets so I can work from there, rather than go through and set every parameter manually for each sound.

I have a couple of files that sevenorchids sent me, I'll start from there. I'm also going to dedicate a power supply to it, rather than use the chords provided from my pedal board, to see if that makes a difference.

17. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I had no problems using a Pedal Power 2+ to power the Squeezer, but I believe I was using one of the two higher voltage slots (5&6), but if you try to daisy chain it or otherwise don't give it enough juice you'll get that "Reading Disc" message constantly.

I'm surprised you haven't heard back from Chunk Systems already. Usually the email response is immediate (at least during waking hours in Australia) and I know Richard has helped other people who have done the same thing you have.

18. Also, the bright side is, something way worse could've happened.

19. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ok Richard got back to me. Man, he is fast. He informed me that I need to get a file called v001_009.ofx onto my SD card and then load it into the OS. I'm going to work on this tonight.

20. He's an awesome guy - extremely helpful. :bassist: