Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Okay I'm terrified

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by K Dubbs, Aug 14, 2005.

1. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    I was just searching through archived harmony central news links. I stumbled across this company. I read a bit on the site. I then got scared and felt a urge to find a dark, warm corner to hide in...

Warning, the following webpage is not intended for nor recommended for those suffering extreme GAS... These amps are terrifying!

http://www.jbamps.com/probassseries.html

Perhaps we should sticky a thread for people who need a place to run and hide.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    P-600WPB Head... $1,995.00

price ain't bad for a 600 watt all tube head.

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Pure evil! I Love It!!!!! Finally, someone willing to just get plain silly! I don't think I'd ever need that much juice, but I'd buy one just outta principal!!! I'd also take 4 -8x10 cabs to go with it, please! :bassist:

4. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    wow i'm really surprised that more people don't find a 600 watt all-tube monster to be interesting. Maybe i should have done a different title.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
  6. Rumblebee

Rumblebee Guest

Mar 16, 2005
    (about the Phil Jones T-500) Seriously. I think I need a change of pants :eek: :bassist: It's hard to believe that monsters like that exist... but at $10,000, I don't think I'll be getting to that anytime soon... a bassist can dream, can't he (or she)?

7. That thing is bad ass. Unfortunately its missing the most important eq control- the mid. It doesn't make sense to me why it has two channels and it doesnt mention a footswitch or have a channel select on the front. You would have to get an ABY pedal and run two cables into it for that to be useful. 10 KT88s though, thats just what I need.

8. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Oh MY!! now that's a sexy amp. +1 on the EQ. Throw that in and I'll buy one in a heartbeat. KT-88's are just plain awsome.

9. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    All tube sound !!! very nice. Great Find !!!! makes me misty eyed.

10. CaM90

CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    Very nice! Why would you need that much power? If you need more than 1/6 of that you would be hooked to a PA.