Okay, I've got a bit of a dilema

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Aug 30, 2004.

1. My sinus' and throat are really acting up, and I'm not doing so well. I'm not so worried about anything else than my throat. The thing is, whenever I get sore throats, my voice gets horce, then deep, then craky, then just downright, pubertive squeaks out of mud.

My first day of school is in two days. I am currently taking sinus alka seltzer gel cap things.

Anyone know what kind of stuff I should take so my throat heals up quicker, and I don't sound 13 when I get back to school?

Coule use some help rather quickly. Is there a doc in the house? :help:
  2. just be glad school doesnt start in 9 hours
  3. That's beside the point.

I'm looking for a useful reply to this thread.

4. bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    u could get some throught spay. it wont really heal it but it will like make it numb so u cant feel it, it might help. they stuff we got says "sore throughts spray, oral anesthetic antiseptic". i would give it a try.
  5. I have that stuff, and it takes the soreness away.

But I'm really looking for a doctor/vocal expert to help.

Untill then I will keep taking the cold pills, and throat spray.
  6. bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    so the spray doesnt help with the squeeks?
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Cepacol always worked well for me in those situations. Many people are fond of the Fishermans Friend brand of throat lozenges also.

If you are going to drink water, make sure it is room temp. Put a little honey in it to coat and soothe your throat. The singer in our old band did this during gigs to keep his voice for three plus hours.

8. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Echinacea tea (capsules if you have to) 2-3X a day
    and about 500-1000mg of vitamin C 1-2X a day

Avoid both highly acidic drinks like orange juice, lemonade, etc. They will only make your voice hoarser.
    Avoid milky stuff like cheese, milk, etc., they will only build up phlegm and mucus.

You may consider taking an expectorant like Robitussin. What it does is make you cough out the junk that's in your respiratory system.
  9. I've said it I-don't-know-how-many times before, but I'm going to say it again:

Take 1 can of coke, 4 slices of lemon, 2 - 3 slices of ginger, put it all together in a large glass/mug, and zap it in the microwave for about 1 minute or so.

Nurse the resulting liquid, and be amazed at how soothing it is. And how well it works, too.

Of course, there's probably a very logical and valid (medical) reason why this is bad for your condition, but I've always found it to work.
    Maybe it's my Asian genes. :p