1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

okay *** line 6?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dropbass, Mar 28, 2009.

1. i buy a lowdown studio 110 for the pad....and mostly for the mp3 headphone dealy....but on only this amp there is an awful hiss which....thru the headphone out....okay im dealing using it for other stuff.....now i get a bass floor POD.. as im assuming the headphone and mp3 jack will be silent...Yess victory they are quiet.....but heres my main gripe...why the **** would you not put a POWER on/off button or switch????? everytime i want to use this thing i have to unplug the adapter every time?!?!?!? it has everything else on it would it be that much of an engineering feat?!?!?!?! i guess its is great for them as i forsee buying a few adapters in the future due to cable breaking...until the jack breaks this is....ok sorry im done....for now......:ninja:

2. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    get a power strip

3. duh... i cant do that i have limited outlets... my power strip i HAVE to plug into is the power for the room.... so if i cut it off i have no lights or computer etc.....and i dont want another strip on the strip with a ****ing huge wall wart on it i may as well get an svt to carry on my back.....if they had a button or switch (which is not a hard thing to install) it would make life way easy...just a bad design choice why should i have to accomodate for their lack of forethought

4. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    unplug it from the wall

it's designed for live/pedalboard use. they expect you to have a master switch of some sort.

this "feature" (lack of a power switch) is common with multieffects.

5. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I don't want to rain on your parade, but most pedals or simulation pedals don't have on/off switches. If we don't want power to run to our pedals, we have to unplug them...plain and simple.
    You didn't have to jump on RC...you didn't mention anything in the OP about limited outlets and your power issues with your room.

I can understand your gripe, but it's not going to get you anywhere on here. What are the positive aspects of the bass floor POD? Let's try and find a little light on the horizon!

6. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    to be fair i don't mind him snarking back at me. i have earned it.

7. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    One thing I've found over time that helps purchases like this A LOT is to download the PDF manual for items I'm looking at buying and carefully looking them over for in/out ports, switches, etc etc etc. In this case doing so would have allowed you to notice the lacking switch.

IMHO, it's not Line6's mistake. It's the original posters lack of researching what he was buying.

8. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Big +1. I try to download the pdf's every time I'm researching into buying a new product, bass related or not.

9. on that note, though I downloaded the manual for the gt6B, looked it all over, and while I liked it, never even noticed that it didn't have an aux in for my mp3 player, and that was one of my main reasons for getting a multi effects. :)

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    That may be, but it's still snarky. And it's not going to change anything. The Pod still won't have an on-off switch.

But I'm going to go out on a limb and agree with Snarkboy that it's kind of lame for it not to have one. My Zoom B2 has one. My Boss ME-33 has one. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it's convenient to have one.

11. i did research it...it just seems a common thing to have on a unit. so i never crossed my mind to check for something as simple as a pwr button... ah well its a a fine effect unit for the house otherwise...and im not saying line 6 made a mistake... it just seems to have every other option and is a power button too much to ask...leave it setup with the cables ran where i need them and turn it on and off easily as needed...

12. snarkmasterflash thanks mister jimmy M for seeing what i mean...""It's not a deal breaker for me, but it's convenient to have one"" and yes im snarky it was early and i just opened my new toy to rock out......

13. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    What's the big deal ???

Cut the power cord and install an ON/OFF switch.

14. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Most floor gear do not have on/off switches because it's something that can be accidentally hit during performances. In the case of the Bass Floor POD, I'd say it's more of a feature that's easy to cut to make it to a certain price point. You should use a power strip with wall warts. They draw power just when plugged even if they device they are hooked up to is off.

Something like this may work for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Cable-09493-Christmas-Extension/dp/B00004SQHU

15. my korg doesnt have one either. it has a retainer to keep the cable from coming out. leave some slack, unplug it. BFD...