Okay, need serious help here

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bassplayingfool, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Okay, I am sorta disgrunteled with my current band. I had also made plans to quit and move a few hours away with my friends to where they live now. I was gonna stick with the band until I was about to do this in Sept, Oct'ish. Ive always been the person who doesnt want to screw a band over no matter what I was gonna let my band know I was moving a few months ahead to get a new bass player lined up and make a smooth transition. Well, my friends called and they changed their minds and they want me to move next month, in May. Also my band just released a cd last week and I know this may sound shady but I've only recieved 150 of the 1500 I spent on my share of this cd. This money is rightfully mine and I would only want equal to my share of what I spent. I wanna get out so I dont care about further sales or if they make it huge or anything. I just want to be done. What would you do about:

1 Moving - hold it off as long as poissible or go whenever?

2 The Money - try to get my share or do what they think?

3 The No bass player situation?
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Tell them ASAP

Your recouping from sales? Do you trust them? I would think it would be unlikely they would suddenly agree to pay you upfront, I would just have them send the cash, in a specified time frame.

Help them find a new one, don't screw them for shows, wht else can you do?
  3. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Tell your friends that you stand to lose $1350 if you move in May. Ask them what they think you should do.
  4. Whose life is it, yours, or your friends'? Do YOU want to move now? If so, go ahead, but let your band know. Try to start lining up a replacement bassist.

As far as payment goes, I would try to lay out a timeline with them for payments? It might be hard for them to pay you over 1300 bucks up front, but maybe you could lay out a plan where they'll send you, say, 300 bucks a month over the next several months.