Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

okay so i bought a wooly mammoth...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Aug 20, 2004.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i like it. i love it. great sound. but heres the deal, i have an active bass. sounds fine to me. however i have yet to use it at loud volumes. so i will update when i know how it sounds. thus far on my active warwick it sounds good.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Congradulations! That's a great, yet very misunderstood pedal. Try it with a passive bass, trust me. I switched from active to passive just to get my Wooly sound back.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    yea man, im loving the sound both ways. it is a very misunderstood pedal. the active basses seem sto have a littel more bite wiht it. but passive or active i like it a great lot.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    okay well ive come to the conclusion that you can use active basses with teh wooly mammoth. however you need to keep (or at least this is my finding and they way ive set it) the gate control off. ive got a noise gate anyway so it doenst bother me. but really its all about the wool and the eq for me. i dont even bother with the gate.

ive also noticed this is a very very sensitive pedal. its gonna take some time to get that perfect setting(s) where there is plenty of the bottom and a fair bit of the top without being having to much bite.