1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Okay so now that Doug has rested after releasing the Alpha Omega ;) What's coming up for Darkglass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Apr 13, 2017.

1. How about the Darkglass Phantasm pedal? Catchy? Hm?:) Okay I'm not set with the name. :) or Voileipäkakku which means "sandwich cake" in Finnish. ;)
    A drive combination of the B7K and Vintage Microtubes much like the Alpha Omega but with it's own dedicated EQ PLUS a clean side with it's own EQ. Plus! (now here is where it gets tricky! ;)) A speaker sim, a tuner, a headphone out, an aux in, XLR out, parallel out, maybe part of the Super Symmetry in there just for giggles? 3 footswitches All with Darkglass super duper quality.
    What do you think?

I hope this all finds you well,
    Brent

AlexanderB and gregmon79 like this.
  2. Cabs first! :)

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Alpha Omega Ultra :)

4. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator

May 9, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    Disneyland

5. AO Ultra or AO without the EQ/preamp section, then I'd be satisfied

Agosix and FaithNoMan like this.
  6. The best thing about these posts is that we know Doug pays attention to his fanbase. XD

7. Darkglass ambient pad pedal, cover all areas of prof metal sounds.

Robertillo and gregmon79 like this.
  8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Maybe a b3k metaltubes and a vintage metaltubes(which would be like a heavier version of the b3k and vmt). I was thinking much like ebs released the metaldrive(which is a heavier version of the ebs multidrive), darkglass might make a heavier version of their successful darkglass bass overdrives. it might happen. the bk3 and vmt are both awesome in their own right. especially since I own a darkglass vmt for about 2 years. it's one of the best bass overdrives I've ever used.

BrentSimons likes this.
  9. Vintage microtuner

msiner and BrentSimons like this.
  10. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    Sleep.

11. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    That and a new Macro Tube Series.

FaithNoMan and BrentSimons like this.
  12. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator

May 9, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    The new Vintage Macrotubes looks epic
    [​IMG]

Jamieeeee, affro, Veldar and 5 others like this.
  13. Sindhu Partomo

Sindhu Partomo

Mar 10, 2015
    Indonesia
    A B3K with 1 knob, and call it B1K. Blend set permanently 50/50 or 60/40 or any sweet spot he sees fit. Two switches set permanently the way he sees them fit.

Matt Dean likes this.
  14. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'm always excited to see what the future holds for Doug and DG. I think it's a very exciting time for him and his company. I would think he'd take a slight breather too, but I bet he doesn't. He's probably already working on something else. I would really like to see a smaller ver of the A/O, like a B3K size but the A/O. I would also love to see what Doug could do with an original delay. I mean, he's done mostly dirt and preamp/tone shaping stuff so far so it would be super cool to see what he would do with something in the modulation area or even an octave. Another crazy fuzz would be awesome too.

I know it can't be easy to decide where you'd want to put your time, energy and especially money into in todays market that's saturated with just about anything you can think of and with these China and cheapo pedals making an uprising. Not that that really affects them much (I wouldn't think anyway). But there is just so much out there right now. But I know Doug and DG are prideful in what they put out, and rightfully so. Whatever they do is going to be unique and classy. So I'm very hopeful for them and excited to see what's next.

I'm wondering if that whole DG cab thing will be the next thing they concentrate on becasue I keep seeing them use them but no one else really has them. Im VERY interested to see what those are all about.

15. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    Um, that's kind of what the Alpha Omega is buddy.

16. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh dude!! Could you imagine if he made a cab sim pedal!>?!?!?! Woooowww :woot::thumbsup:drool

Jamieeeee and BrentSimons like this.
  17. I am Soma

I am Soma Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2013
    MN
    cabs and a rack system for my DG head

18. You just love your macro pedals!

19. Yeah Baby yeah! :)

gregmon79 likes this.
  20. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Unfortunately not much time to rest!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021