1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Okay so now that Doug has rested after releasing the Alpha Omega ;) What's coming up for Darkglass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Apr 13, 2017.

1. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    I like Darkglass stuff but have always stuck with Tech 21 preamps/DI's but if he was to make a programmable version of a B7K, Alpha, VMT, etc. I'd def make the switch permanently.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    joshmmorrison and BrentSimons like this.
  2. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    For my money I think this is the closest guess yet going by something Doug said on Instagram (or was it Facebook...)

3. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator

May 9, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    Idle hands spend time at the genitals

4. Oh I'm sure! We just wanted to make sure those creative juices don't stop flowing. ;) You may have created a monster Doug. :)
    ;)

Crystalman85 likes this.
  5. inanimate_carb

inanimate_carb

Aug 11, 2016
    Speaker cabs to go with the new head.

6. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    A tiny B3K/Vintage/Duality in a Mooer sized case would be awesome... maybe simplified a bit. Like have Volume/gain/blend from a B3K, but have the fat switch always on/non-defeatable for example.

7. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    pbY7SWg.png

8. Charlzm

Charlzm Guest

Mar 25, 2011
    How about a multiFX unit that combines all their tone circuits to date, fully controllable via footswitch, with programmable presets? Maybe in a floor-standing unit, like the old Line 6 XT Live series?

Nefarius696 and BrentSimons like this.
  9. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    How about another fuzz? I want another flavor of fuzz. The Duality is my most used pedal.

Jamieeeee and gregmon79 like this.
  10. That's what I'm sayin' Brother! :)

11. monsterthompson

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    A Quilter Bass Block style power amp module, with a minimal pre front end.
    - Top has a mounting mechanism for inserting/attaching/connecting various DG pedals of your choice, allowing users to build a modular pre section. Want a Duality into a B7K? You got it. Want a VMTD into a SS? Clip 'em in.
    - Power supply to run the attached pedals. Isolated, of course.
    - Jensen XLR out
    - Cab sim / LPF (ahead of the Jensen)
    - HPF
    - 900 w
    - 2 ohm stable

Agosix and BrentSimons like this.
  12. Sort of like the Markbass Momark series?

13. monsterthompson

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Exactly. But perhaps in a pedal board or amp top format.

BrentSimons likes this.
  14. Oh yeah! I'm smellin' what you're cooking up! :)
    I think Doug is going to hate this thread I started...:rollno:
    Brent

15. I'd love to see Darkglass make an analog delay/modulation pedal specifically for bass. I know most delays sound good on bass but hear me out. Have a crossover like the boss bass chorus where you can dial in the range of the delay. So that we bass players can play lines with delay that also incorperate low notes without having to constantly turn delay on and off to try keep the low notes from repeating and getting super muddy. So you turn the pedal on and play onthe d or g string and you can have modulated delay but when you play a note on the low B or E it's just like the pedal is off.

16. He's already said on the alpha Omega thread that completely depends on how successful the alpha Omega is

17. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Really...the alpha omega is pretty much like that, huh. okay I guess that's been done.

SunnBass likes this.
  18. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    A Duality with a gain control and basic EQ please!

crguti, Jamieeeee and SunnBass like this.
  19. I really want to see what those cabs are like. Two 8 ohm 410's would be lovely.

gregmon79 and DarkArchitect like this.
  20. Noylin

Noylin

May 28, 2014
    Cuse
    Based on what Doug has said in the past, I'd say the next Darkglass frontier is digital control over analog circuitry. Hopefully applied in the dirt/preamp realm.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021