1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Okay so now that Doug has rested after releasing the Alpha Omega ;) What's coming up for Darkglass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Thanks.

2. Welcome, brother. I've been waiting for these Darkglass sounds all my life. And it's not like he has no competition...lots of great bass gadgets out there these days. That says a lot.

Crystalman85 likes this.
  3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Indeed...I'm pretty sure doug has a few new ideas in his drawing board. we shall see what he will come up with next.

FaithNoMan likes this.
  4. Slaymus

Slaymus

Jan 23, 2004
    Quebec
    FaithNoMan likes this.
  5. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
  6. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    I was wondering about when would you guys notice that :).

7. Silly_Monkey

Silly_Monkey

May 24, 2017
    Any update on this? How are the cabs coming along? Anything else coming? I just got my B7ku and waiting to pair it with A/O right after?

8. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I put my bets on the name Genesis Apocalypse

It will stack all previous Darkglass drive circuits and the parameters available will make it possible to mix and/or stack them in any possible variation, grade and order with dedicated 5 band EQ for each of the gain stages and it will all be controlled by thought control requiring of the user to have a micro chip implanted in the cerebral cortex.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    XLunacy likes this.
  9. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    I can't think of any DG fan here that wouldn't want to see programmable versions of the B7K, VMT, AO, etc.

10. Indeed! :)

11. LaklandLaksNADA

LaklandLaksNADA Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    I completely agree. Similar to the VT bass deluxe where you can store a few presets of it but it's still analog.

I was all about the VT until I got a b3k. Now I have that, a vintage ultra, and looking to add an a/o. Soon to say goodbye to VT haha!

I would say, some sort of speaker sim would be on point ...!!!

12. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    I used Tech 21 stuff for years and still do from time to time but since simplifying my ampless setup to just a Preamp & B3k into a Radial J48, I do miss the speaker sim feature of the VT.

joshmmorrison likes this.
  13. Awesome! and something with an aux in so you can quietly practice with Darkglass awesomeness. :)
    Brent

LowRenzo likes this.
  14. The cabs were tentatively due for September. Fingers crossed that's still the case!

15. Silly_Monkey

Silly_Monkey

May 24, 2017
    How about a fuzz / wah pedal ala Cliff Burton's Morley ?

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021