1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

okay this is probably a stupid question but...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by guitarsark, Sep 30, 2008.

1. guitarsark

guitarsark

Nov 30, 2007
    there are 2 output jacks on my amp nemesis na320 and 2 inputs on the cabinet (avatar). why are there 2 inputs and 2 outputs? i dont think my amp is stereo. if i use 2 cables then do i get more wattage? is the left one mono like on most audio devices? sorry if i sound completely clueless but i have always used combo amps in the past and am fairly new to playing bass. thanks

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    To run another cab.

If you run another cab, check out the Ohms FAQ.

3. VinceS

VinceS

Jul 25, 2007
    SF Bay Area, CA
    yep. that answer actually applies to both questions (2 outputs and 2 inputs).

i don't think you benefit by using 2 cables. i don't even think it'd be smart to have 2 cables, 1 for each in/out. just seems like something bad would happen.

4. fruity2x

fruity2x

Jul 9, 2008
    DO NOT run both of your outs of your amp to both of the ins of one cab (unless its a stereo cab, witch yours is not). you have two out puts to run two cabs....if you run a 4 Ohm load you will get 320W RMS (you can get to 4 Omh by running one 4 Omh cab or two 8 Omh cabs) what is the load of your Avartar? the reason there is two 1/4s on the back of your cab is so you can hook a second cab if your amp only has one output. dose this help?

5. JumboFriendly

JumboFriendly

Oct 24, 2007
    Mobile, AL
    I thought the same thing when I first got my stuff. Thank God for TB!

6. fruity2x

fruity2x

Jul 9, 2008
    and thats why there are no stupid questions....just stupid egos that keep you from asking and making you re buy blowed up gear

7. guitarsark

guitarsark

Nov 30, 2007
    question answered, thanks

8. slyslam

slyslam

Aug 23, 2006
    Just a little correction. In this case, using two cables to connect your amplifier to the cabinet won't hurt it at all.
    Your two output jacks are internally wired parallel as your amplifier is mono and not stereo.

If you connect two different cabinets , you can wired both cabs directly from your amp(parallel connections) or daisy chain (amp to 1st cabinet, 1st cabinet to 2nd cabinet)
    As long as your respect the minimum impedance of your amplifier wich is 4 ohms ( 2 cabs of 8 ohms parallel) you are ok.
    In your case, with one cabinet you get 200w for your 8 ohms cabinet.