Okay, what the hell is up with this guy's tone?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    Anyone know? Strings, bass, eq, effects? Anything? I have been wondering forever, and just htis morning I took the time to figure out how to cut bits of song out of mp3s.
  2. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    More, to give you a better example, this is a pre-mixed version of one of thier songs.
  3. sounds liek he's tuned an E octave lower!

:confused: :eek:
  4. Sounds like he's playing either very out of tune w/ a glass slide....or he is fieldy;)

5. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    well, most I can get out of it is that he has all the lows cut and the highs and mids boosted heavily with the eq. I've actually gotten a very similar tone to that messing aorund with my spector- cuts the lows, boost the treble, use only the bridge pup (cut the neck pup out), downtune a step or so, throw on some stainless roundwounds, and pump in a little muscle from an overdrive pedal- mine's a Boss powerdriver. A little bit of distortion woudl get you close too, but you wouldn't want a lot.:bassist:
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Not that I would ever want my tone to sound like that but I think it sounds pretty cool for the song in the first clip. It seems fitting to the riff at least IMO. Definitely sounds better than Fieldy. :)

brad cook