Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Okay, what's new at Talkbass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Being lurking on and off for the entire summer. I'm outta the loop. What's new around here?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Not much, been pretty asinine :p :D :D

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

It all went downhill after WR became mod.

4. Umm Peter Mcferrin left, some kid named The_overlooked freaked out because every one of his threads were closed, and JWC has come back in the form of Jiles. Thats about all that happened this summer...

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Dancehallclasher also has been posting a lot less lately, in fact, he's just as good as left, though he did show up in chat a couple weeks ago. His choosing to leave is what got me this mod position.

and geezer316 also freaked out because he had bad spelling and grammar and didn't want to learn.

JT released his long awaited CD.

Polly wants to be a moderator, stupidmatt is done with Wal-mart, Mike money is no longer notorius.

AND Talkbass is going to be updated to vBulletin 3.0 fairly soon.

6. 2 threads I believe then went on and decided to post threads questioning mods (mainly odie because he closed the thread that made him go insane) and also dissing mods and calling them names and stupid sh*t like that and got banned :D Great story, and I was on AIM with him the whole time!

So thats wats goin on eh...

Check it out :D It rules!

7. Whatever happened to that Geezer316 anyway? He really annoyed me, but Annoyance is needed for entertainment...

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

What happened there?? He get mad or somethin'?

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I believe he got fed up and left, good riddance, people that have no regard for grammar and spelling, and no interest to learn shouldn't be getting huffy when other people crticize them on it.

It's not that hard to type coherently, but,apparently, he failed to see that.

10. i joined this summer

11. I AM THE NEW TALKBASS MASTER MWHAHAHA

sorry, just had to get that out :D

12. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Heres additional news:

I have gotten more cynical and acerbic every day.

I've done 5 animations of Funkster, all of which just about put him in the hospital from laugh spasms.

Three people have almost been fired from their jobs after laughing at my acerbic posts, and spewing coffee at their monitors. Including me.

Secretdonkey got my goat. So did Chris Fartsjello.
    Notacoloco and I are going at it to see who breaks first. I got my first sig quote, from Gunnar Thor. I got Funksters and JT's CD's. They rock. I think I'm the only Ivy guy left here, That because I'm smock, not smug. Smock means condom in old Norse.

ASININE is the Bruce Lindfailed word. So is Timewasters. And I aspire to 14,000 posts, relevant to something. Anything.

Chat is busted. Ed Fuqua deleted his whole TB existence. For the second time at least, based on the archives I've looked at. Jazzbo gets pissed if you ask about it. Munji is in fine form, unfortunately, just not often enough.

There is a great thread on cars from P. Aaron.

There is a another great thread started by Gabu on 'Let's see funny or old pics'.

Broken Angel destroyed the Bass Babes thread with her picture, nobody has posted since. The teenagers went into paralysis. I think their computer keys stick now.

I haven't been banned yet, but I keep getting closer to the edge. Hard to be banned when you don't swear, fight or insult, but I'm working on it.

Search and other stuff are getting really slow.
    Paul took a vaca, and all went to Vallhalla.

We have decided Rastafarians were Vikings, not Jews.

Politics in the Lounge still spews, I never post on those threads. They love/hate Arnie.

I have decided the coolest person I have met in the last year is Funkster. All heart and all soul.

You have heard the Word of TB and it is good.

Amen, brother.

Welcome home.

Thor

13. and i'm still a loser

14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

And he became a moderate loser.

A rather good one, I think!

15. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    send me a link to that i keep hearing about this pic and ive not seen it

ive even done a search

16. Awww...I remember when little Wrong Robot was waiting for his Supporting Membership and we were making fun of him in the loung...HOLY CRAP! Broken Angel is HOT!

I think she deserves a double ninja. :ninja: :ninja:

17. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Originally posted by Wrong Robot
    I still don't get it. And why is everybody calling me Bruce?:confused:

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Yeah, those were the days :p Now I'm a moderator:eek:

and I think THAT deserves a super ninja

<marquee>:ninja:</marquee>

19. or better yet, a DOUBLE SUPER NINJA, er wait...

A WHOLE ARMY OF SUPER NINJAS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]