Oklahoma City Bombing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by alembic76407, Apr 18, 2005.

1. alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Its hard to believe it's been 10 years. time sures flies, but scars heal slow

David T
  2. May something like this never happen again. :(

The thing that outraged me, and most people was that McVie knew there was a day-care center in the building. :mad:

3. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Wow, has it really been that long? :(

Seconded - never again.

My thoughts are with those affected by this awful tragedy. I appreciate I'm not in the US but I still felt the shock.
  4. I remember being in 2nd or 3rd grade when it happened. I'm a freshman in college now, by comparison.

Strange how time passes by, yet it doesnt feel all that long ago.
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  6. Yeah, I still remember seeing the pictures of the scene in Time magazine and being totally freaked out. I was 10, and at that age it's hard to imagine that something like that can happen. Now I know that things like that can happen...but I'm not any closer on why. :(
  7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I took a trip to NYC last year, that sure is one big damm hole
    in the ground. Have to see it to believe it. Nothing like seeing
    something like that in person to drive home the nail.

Same here Mike. McVeigh got off easy, imho. I just hope there is a special HELL somewhere for people like that.
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Speaking of all this destruction...

New oklahoma federal building?

new WTC? i remember seeing plans, and they were having a contest between multiple designs, but did they ever pick one and make plans to build?
  9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Already 10 years?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:
  10. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Yeah, time flies. I work in a federal building, and I get weirded out any time someone parks a truck by it.

It's McVeigh, by the way.. McVie is the bass player for Fleetwood Mac.
  11. The second paragraph says that McVeigh supposedly did not know that there was a day-care center in the building. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

Hmmm... :meh:

12. I was literaly less than two miles from the building when it went off. I was living in Norman but had gone up to the city for a party...all nighter and such. When the building blew my ears were ringing so bad I thought someone shot a gun right next to my head. I can't believe it's been 10 years. :rollno:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I pray some peace may touch their scared hearts.
  14. i read a very interesting essay he wrote while in prison...i won't post it though, as it's way too political. still, very interesting...
  15. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Wow. That means I was 8 when that happened. It sure doesn't seem that long ago, especially since I very vividly remember the news reports. :(
  16. alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    I was 11 miles away and I thought the windows in my shop were going to blow out, scared the hell out of me

David T
  17. I went back about 3 to 5 days later to look. Of course they had the streets blocked off. I still could not believe how much of that building was gone! I spent that day getting drunk on Campus Corner in Norman contemplating the universe...
  18. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Just to get people thinking - this guy is convinced that we (the FBI) bombed ourselves in OK. I know that seems a little far fetched for some people, but seriously...think about it...

Sorry if this is too political, I couldn't resist.
  19. I didn't have time to read your link yet, Muzique, but I saw a show last night on the History Channel showing that there was alot of stuff left out of McVeigh's trial linking him to white supremacist groups and Terry Nichols to Al Qaeda. :eek:

The show pointed out that McVeigh was not bright enough to orchestrate the entire bombing by himself.

Too much to go into now, but worth researching.

Ah, conspiracy theories. :meh:

20. Hopefully they rerun that as I missed it. I've heard at least 3 different majos spins on this. Gotto love the information age!