1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OLD Acoustic 370/301 problem with pedals...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CannyBusDriver, Jan 10, 2012.

1. CannyBusDriver

CannyBusDriver

Jan 21, 2010
    Kansas
    I have an rc-20 loop pedal, and a 3leaf proton wah pedal going into my recently acquired setup (Acoustic 301/370). But when i run it i get a lot of weird static. without the pedals the amp is great sounding and versatile.

DO old amps handle worse with new pedals?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nope. My old chorus director in high school had a 370/301 and I ran wah and filter into it many times with no problem. Does the noise happen when the pedals are off or just when on? Try each pedal separately and see what happens. Also, if either of them have a volume knob, keep the levels the same as when they're are off.

3. I love my 370 for the sole purpose of how well it handles fuzz and od pedals. Some pedals just don't work well together.

4. CannyBusDriver

CannyBusDriver

Jan 21, 2010
    Kansas
    hmmm, are there pedals that are designed to run a bunch of pedals together and clean up the static/humming?

I'll do some tests and see what pedals the problem.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    There are but you'd want to ask about that in Effects unless someone here knows. But the likelihood of someone knowing in effects is much greater.

6. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Make sure all your cables are OK, too.

7. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    This ^ also check your power for the pedals. There great at making fun little noises and sometimes picking up weird little noises.