Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Old Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by keithconn, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Hey everyone ...

I have a question. I am looking to sell an old guitar amp that I found in my parents house, but I don't know what it is, or what it may be worth. I would like to get a new bass amp(since I don't have one) ...

Does anyone know anything about the following??
    I just got everything I could off the amp:
    Yamaha - fifty 210
    Model: G50-210
    117v/120w
    50/60hz

Speakers:
    2 10''(??) Yamaha JA-2556

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    K.:D

2. Hey Kiethconn, what's up? Is it black with a silver and black grill cloth? It's gotta be a Yamaha 50 watt 2x10 combo. The "G" indicates that it's a guitar amp, and "B" indicates bass. Easy enough. I don't know when they changed the style, but, that amp sounds like it's from the 80s. I have one of their bass amps from that period. As for what you can get for it, that's a question of price; the less you ask for it the faster you'll be able to sell it. I really don't think there's going to be a big demmand for that one. I'd say ask $200, but, don't go lower than $100. Old amps are funny; certain old amps are gold, others you can't give away.

Good luck,
    Mike J.

3. Thanks Mike -

I may just hold onto this one until I figure out what I really need when I get where I'm going ...? It sounds pretty decent playing my bass through it at low volumes.

It does have a little bit of a humm to it though. Does anyone know what that is caused by? I replaced the fuses and that made it a little better ... there are two plastic 'tube' looking things ... could those be replaced?

Thanks again mike -
    K.