1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Old Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by keithconn, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Hey everyone ...

I have a question. I am looking to sell an old guitar amp that I found in my parents house, but I don't know what it is, or what it may be worth. I would like to get a new bass amp(since I don't have one) ...

Does anyone know anything about the following??
    I just got everything I could off the amp:
    Yamaha - fifty 210
    Model: G50-210
    117v/120w
    50/60hz

Speakers:
    2 10''(??) Yamaha JA-2556

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    K.:D

2. Hey Kiethconn, what's up? Is it black with a silver and black grill cloth? It's gotta be a Yamaha 50 watt 2x10 combo. The "G" indicates that it's a guitar amp, and "B" indicates bass. Easy enough. I don't know when they changed the style, but, that amp sounds like it's from the 80s. I have one of their bass amps from that period. As for what you can get for it, that's a question of price; the less you ask for it the faster you'll be able to sell it. I really don't think there's going to be a big demmand for that one. I'd say ask $200, but, don't go lower than $100. Old amps are funny; certain old amps are gold, others you can't give away.

Good luck,
    Mike J.

3. Thanks Mike -

I may just hold onto this one until I figure out what I really need when I get where I'm going ...? It sounds pretty decent playing my bass through it at low volumes.

It does have a little bit of a humm to it though. Does anyone know what that is caused by? I replaced the fuses and that made it a little better ... there are two plastic 'tube' looking things ... could those be replaced?

Thanks again mike -
    K.