1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Old Ampeg combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fletch, Feb 8, 2004.

1. I saw an old friend of mine who I haven't seen in ages at a party this weekend. His parents had died recently so he's cleaning out their house. One of the things he's getting rid of is an old Ampeg combo. He told me I could have it for free if I just came and got it. He says it's 80 watts and has 4x15's?
    Anybody ever heard of such a beast? I won't get a chance to check it out till next week. Am I getting a rare find or a huge paper weight? :meh:

2. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

Sep 30, 2003
    4-15s? I don't remember one like that, but seems like 80 watts is one of the power levels from the MTI solid-state series.

Let us know what it turns out to be.

3. He say's it's all tube and huge for a combo. I'm kind of doubtful about it being 4-15 though. 4 speaker of some kind anyways.

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Might as well go pick it up, a Free amp is a free amp.

5. prolly gonna be a B410. They're 3 ft. tall and weigh about 110 lbs. And they have 10s, not 15s. Never heard of a 4x15 combo but if that's what it turns out to be then I must get one.

6. Well I finally got the thing home...the only thing that was accurate in his description is that it's an amp :meh: It's not even an Ampeg, it's a Guild Thunderbird, never knew Guild made bass amps. 4-15's :smug: only 2-12's Oh well what do ya want for free. It actually sounded ok for the few minutes I played with it but boy does it need a cleanning!!!

btw,anyone ever heard of this amp?