Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Old Ampeg combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fletch, Feb 8, 2004.

1. I saw an old friend of mine who I haven't seen in ages at a party this weekend. His parents had died recently so he's cleaning out their house. One of the things he's getting rid of is an old Ampeg combo. He told me I could have it for free if I just came and got it. He says it's 80 watts and has 4x15's?
    Anybody ever heard of such a beast? I won't get a chance to check it out till next week. Am I getting a rare find or a huge paper weight? :meh:

2. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

Sep 30, 2003
    4-15s? I don't remember one like that, but seems like 80 watts is one of the power levels from the MTI solid-state series.

Let us know what it turns out to be.

3. He say's it's all tube and huge for a combo. I'm kind of doubtful about it being 4-15 though. 4 speaker of some kind anyways.

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Might as well go pick it up, a Free amp is a free amp.

5. prolly gonna be a B410. They're 3 ft. tall and weigh about 110 lbs. And they have 10s, not 15s. Never heard of a 4x15 combo but if that's what it turns out to be then I must get one.

6. Well I finally got the thing home...the only thing that was accurate in his description is that it's an amp :meh: It's not even an Ampeg, it's a Guild Thunderbird, never knew Guild made bass amps. 4-15's :smug: only 2-12's Oh well what do ya want for free. It actually sounded ok for the few minutes I played with it but boy does it need a cleanning!!!

btw,anyone ever heard of this amp?