1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Old Avatar vs Neo Avatar (410cab)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CBBass123, Aug 23, 2007.

1. CBBass123

CBBass123

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    Hey guys, I have a Avatar B410H loaded with the 500watt Kappa Pros. Would the sound of a newer Avatar 410 cab loaded with the Neos make a difference in sound. I know weight is a big difference thus me wanting to travel in that route (back hurts:crying: ) but don't wanna compromise sound. Any experiences? Thanx!!

2. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I, personally like the Neo's much better. They go way lower, and handle just as much power. I think the 410neo cab is more Eden like in tone and how low it will go. Much easier to handle, in and out. I'd recommend a change for you. You may want to sell rather than try to switch drivers out. Price will be about the same, and you'll have a new cab.

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The Kappa Pro 10 is a PA midbass driver and, its high power rating notwithstanding, is a poor choice for electric bass. The Deltalite II 2510 is quite possibly the best electric bass ten available IMO.

4. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    would the sound...make a difference in..sound...