1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old Bandmate loaded a 90's show to youtube

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by fullybakedbear, Apr 21, 2010.

1. fullybakedbear

fullybakedbear

Nov 8, 2009
    I hope this is the right place to put this. A guy I haven't heard from in years found me on facebook and linked these clips. This was an outdoor festival in the South Florida summer sun. IIRC we did an hour at 1pm. After the show, I couldn't drive the whole 7 miles home and had to stop at my wife's job to cool down. Cinammon Girl doesn't have video and may have been from another show.

While in this band i'd started with a sampling keyboard i'd gotten cheap as a second instrument, sold it to buy the (iirc) yamaha with the onboard synth that I sold to the guitarrist so I could buy the 7 string washburn. Someone had bought it as a 1st bass, had Sam Ash in Ft. Lauderdale de-fret it. I had Kevin Kaufmann give it the Jaco epoxy treatment and it was my main bass.

I'm playing a Washburn KB-600 fretless through a Mark VIII head over a 1 x 18" cab. I might have been using my late 80's ProCo Vintage Reissue Rat on some of the tracks.

I have improv solos in the 1st 3. Looking back, i'm almost suprised that we didn't suck more.

Stormy Monday

Hope y'all like it and feedback totally appreciated