Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Old Crest CA9 vs New Crest CA9

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by seaKamp, Jul 15, 2005.

1. seaKamp

seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Hey guys, I have a couple of questions... I recently picked up a couple of CA9 amps for cheap and realized after purchasing that they were the older model. I have used both of them and they sound AMAZING. I am very happy with the quality of the sound and was wondering a couple of things...

What was upgraded from the older CA9 to the newer CA9?

Is there more power in the newer CA9?

Is there anything else that I should know about the amps?

Oh, I have searched online unsuccessfully but... Is there anywhere where I can find an older CA9 manual?

Thanks!

-Craig

2. The only differences are the little things. On the newer ones you don't have to open the case to switch from stereo to bridged mode. There's a ground lift on the new ones and the input sensitivty is adjustable, I don't think it is on the old ones. Other than that the old and the new are the same.

3. seaKamp

seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Mudbass

Thanks for the response! I cracked the CA9 open and I found that switch you were talking about. I don't have an older manual so it is going to be difficult for me to understand the three different positions of the switch.

The switch faces the back of the case in such a position which makes it hard to get at and also impossible to tell if there is writing to guide the user into which position will give which setting. Currently(in my unit) the switch is towards the middle of the case. There are 3 positions the switch can be in... towards the middle, centered, and towards the side of the case. I was wondering... Do you or anyone else know what each position will do? I have googled for more information about the amp and am unable to find anything at all. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Craig