Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

old EDEN-WT300--intermittent cut-out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nysurf2772, Aug 5, 2005.

1. nysurf2772

nysurf2772

Jun 20, 2005
    I've got an old EDEN WT300....I changed the pre-amp tube, so that's not the issue...but after about 10-15 minutes it suddenly starts playing very quiet and intermittently distorts.....does this sound like an easy fix? I guess I could send it for an upgrade and fix to Eden, but I'm not sure if it's worth it......is a 1987

2. There are some 5W power resistors on the preamp board that are known to have cold solder joints. Might be worth a look...

3. I have an old WT800, and had a problem with this a while back. My problem was with the effects return jack (I think that's what it's called), which acts as a switch to disable the internal signal path when it's used with an effects box with the effects send jack (these could be called pre-amp out, power amp in jacks). If the switching contacts become dirty, you'll get intermittant signal through to the amp, and sometimes vibration will cause a little buzzing or distortion without totally interrupting the sound. Try running a short shielded signal cable (not speaker cable) from the send to the return jack, and see if the performance returns. If you can determine it does, you'll need to either clean (with contact cleaner) or replace the jack. Not easy to get at in my amp, so I wired around it, but I hope to send it in to Eden someday for a refurb job.

4. nysurf2772

nysurf2772

Jun 20, 2005
    thanks...I'll check it out