1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

old Fender pickup ID?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by amimbari, Apr 11, 2010.

1. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I was at a flea market today, and when I was bought some other stuff, the seller at the table just said take it ... Can anyone tell me what bass series this was used in?

cpic001x-8.

2. Hi.

Wasn't that on the late 70's Tele basses?

Whatever it was, a cool find none the less. Congrats.

Regards
    Sam

3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Telecaster Bass from 72 on
    \
    Great find. If you want to sell it let me know. Lots of people hate those pickups, but I love them.

4. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    thanks guys -- in the past couple hours I found a ton of info on the 70's Tele bass. I got an old body that I'm could just rout out and make a parts bass
    if I can line up the string spacing to match the poles I'll use it cause this thing has 24.7k on the ohmmeter and that's a LOT per coil, that's why I was thinking of experimenting with it in the standard P position with the cut of a simple hole.
    P1010162-1.
    I'll list it in the classifieds first once I mess with the thing till the "honeymoon is over" << if you know what I mean....find out what people are paying for it at that time, and come up with something reasonable cause if someone NEEDS it, I'd rather l see it put to better use than sitting in a junk bass.

5. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    You can also check ebay for "completed listings".