1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old Fender Rumble (???) blond? - for old amp experts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Figas, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Figas

Figas

Sep 8, 2008
    Greetings!!

This is for the old amp experts!! a few years ago, before I had little-to-no experience with bass gear whatsoever, I did this garage band festival, where all the back line was rented from a local store.

I perfectly recall looking a little pityfull to the bass amp: an old blond fender, asking if it would be up to its task... Could not be more wrong!!! It happened to be an old full-valve fender, that blew me away up until today!!! First and only full-valved experience I had, and I still cry and kick myself in the a** for not memorizing conveniently which amp was it :bawl:

I can't even recall the store, so I could see their backline rental equipment, but I SOOOO much wanted to know what did I play with!!

This is why I come to You, to see if one can help me: I do recall it was a blond edition, with two separate channels - I believe it stated "Rumble" - with lots of options (eq, pre, in's, out's, etc), much like i generally see bassman's.

What do You think of it? I might be able to answer a few more questions, if asked, but right now I can't remember anything else!!

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Cheers!!
    Figas

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Pitiful....I don't think I've ever heard a 300 watt tube head called that before. I believe those were made in the 90's in the Fender Custom Shop. They weren't cheap, either.

3. Figas

Figas

Sep 8, 2008
    Well, it did say Rumble, though I agree with You. I also tought of the Rumble series to be an entry level amp, but that thing was waaay beyond cheap...
    I recall asking the guy how much would it be for it, and he just smiled ironically at me...

4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Rumble 300

Custom shop

Rare as hen's teeth

5. Figas

Figas

Sep 8, 2008
    Ok, so that explains a lot... by then e told me it was worth something like 3000-4000€, which would be 4505 - 6007US$. Of course he might be wrong, but anyway there's nothing I could do for this price range.

Anyway, i must say I have NEVER played anything like that! I like dirty, punchy bass sound, though not fuzz or too present distortion, but that thing had the most fabulous, warmest and beautiful sound I ever heard..

I just wonder if a Fender BassMan Pro 300 valve head would sound the same?

6. Figas

Figas

Sep 8, 2008
    Fabulous!! Just found a picture of it right here in TB, classifieds section (ok,ok... search function.. blame me... :p)

fendercustomshoprumble300.

Exactly the one I've played!!