old ford truck

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sixstringbass, Mar 16, 2006.

1. anyone know where i could find an old broke down ford truck preferably 1951? i like vintage trucks and am looking for one to restore. anybody else feel the same?:hyper:
  2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York

Be careful on how "broken down" you wind up with. I've seen guys buy an old relic and replace everything but the radiator cap.

It gets expensive rather quickly.
  3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Awesome, I always dreamed of restoring an old Ford pickup.

I have no $ for it though...or tools...or a garage.:(
  4. right now im driving a 1968 ford truck that ive been working on for about a month and it drives great but id rather have a 1951 or 1952 cause they look cooler :smug:
  5. Best thing to do is find some hot rod events when they come to town. Things like auto shows and part swap events are the place to start. Old trucks make great hot rods so if you don't see an old beater for sale, more than likely there will be someone there you can get information from.

Pick up the local "auto swapper" magazines as well. They usually have one just for trucks and one for classic cars. Both may have ad's with people willing to sell one.
  6. if your lookin for a ford it shouldnt be to hard to find. just look along side the road , most of the time youll find a trail of parts that will take you right to the vehicle.:D
  7. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Yes, the ones available for free in grocery and convenience stores are better. At least around here, they are.