1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Old Genz Benz cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DWBass, Jan 2, 2012.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

2. I have the XB version of this cab. Absolutely love it! My cab really moves some air, not sure if it will be a little different with the rear porting, but I think it's a great deal.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have a GB410T XB 4ohm. Not looking to pair it. Just looking for something to leave at the practice spot. The guy said the tweeter works 100% and it weighs around 35lbs! I think that cab is heavier though.

4. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Of course. I don't personally like heavy 210's. But for a 100 bucks...jump on it.

5. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    DW Bass, if it really does work 100%, you can't buy the drivers for that. We still support it BTW.

6. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    But, of course. I am a GB customer from way back. GB amps are all I own. Period. I was giving a thumbs up to "jumping" on the cab.

BTW. I just emailed Jeff over the weekend praising him for his company's excellent products and customer service. He replied today with thanks.

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'm still thinking about it. I know $100 is cheap but I'm looking for something even cheaper to leave at the practice spot. I'm not a fan of rear porting and the cab would definitely be up against a wall! Damn good price though. Hmmm....maybe I can flip it......hmmm.....

By the way, agedhorse, I'm looking to upgrade the rear panel on my 410T XB so I can use speakons. Any idea how much that will cost me?

8. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    I would just have a tech. punch the jack plate for a SpeakOn and wire it up. I don't recall seeing any jack dishes for a cabinet that old. You can PM me the dimensions and I'll look.

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I sent an e-mail to Jeff a while back and he said it was doable & to contact them by phone. I just haven't had a chance to yet. I'll measure the jack plate and get back to you.

10. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Jeff may know of parts I don't know about.

11. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I doubt you'd find anything for less than $100 that's worth a damn. It's a good cab, get it. The only other thing you'd find might be an ancient Peavey if you just need bigger/louder but even they're worth $100 or more if they work.

12. iblanky1

iblanky1

Feb 25, 2012
    Virginia
    I feel you on that, mine is the GB410 XB2 four ports on front, I cant imagine living without it. Not even the Masa Boogie can make me move ... Yet.