1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old Girlfriend found me on Facebook

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mellowinman, Dec 5, 2011.

1. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I'm married ten years, and now and again, old girlfriends find me on Facebook.

I had one find me today that was a real turning point in my life.

True story, honest.

I was in my twenties, and I had always been a little shy. A friend of mine, who was my roommate at the time, (we'll call him "Mike," because that's his name,) called me up, and said, "I am going to do the biggest favor for you..."

He told me he picked up this girl at the bar, and she had this really hot, sexy friend, and he was BRINGING HER HOME FOR ME.

Well, that sounded like a bad idea, for the most part. Another friend of mine, who was also my roommate, and also called Mike, (We'll call him "the Other Mike," for obvious reasons,) was there, and we were playing our guitars, and smoking something like a cigarette, but not a cigarette. I told him that he should stick around for awhile, and that if I thought she was skanky or unattractive, he should just continue to stick around, but if I said, "Goodnight, Mike," he should disappear.

Well, this girl shows up, and the Other Mike and I are playing our guitars, and I'm singing this song, and this girl is sitting on the floor just staring at me, and after the very first song, I say, "Good NIGHT, Mike," and the rest of the story of that night, I can't tell on this forum.

Anyway, we dated for awhile, but things didn't work out. She wasn't really a "settle down" kind of girl, but she was real intelligent, and actually pretty nice, but probably too much for me to handle at the time.

The first Mike, (remember him?) told me a few years later, when I was dating a very attractive woman, that he really had done me a huge favor that night, because he had pretty much changed my fortunes, and it was true.

BEFORE this girl, nothing. Many nights without dates, or dates with women who weren't all that attractive, or dates with women who were attractive, but weren't going to lead to anything, and thought I was a guy to be "just friends" with, etc.

AFTER this girl? A non-stop stream of hotties that culminated in my meeting my wife.

There isn't really a point to this story, other than the rather obvious one that sometimes, spending the night with a really hot, sexy woman can be a very good thing.

But you probably knew that.

2. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Nice story, but really a thinly-veiled attempt to brag about the fact you have a facebook page.

3. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Haha. This makes for good reading on a rainy Tuesday in Wellington when you've smoked something that's like a cigarette but not a cigarette.

4. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Good point!

Dirty Lixx | Facebook

5. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    super:confused:

6. Can Mike change my fortune too? :meh:

7. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    Cool...maybe a hottie from my past will find me on facebook...

Oh wait...do I have to have a facebook page for that to happen?.. Besides I am married to that hottie from my past, so old girlfriends are not something I am that interested in

8. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    That was twenty some years ago, man.

Mike is an old married man, and so am I.

But maybe you'll get lucky!

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Sounds made up to me. I'm with Jim on this one.

-Mike

10. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    Cool story, bro.

11. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Absolutely true.

Although, I have to admit, I am NOT going to post pictures.

I can probably live with someone not believing.

12. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    I would have no problem believing the story...I have seen weirder things happen

I met my lady when I rode a harley inside a bar for a beer. I was young wild, and I used to do crazy stuff like that just to get a reaction. She was the bartender, and didn't throw me out...
    a year later we bumped into each other again. She had left her husband, and remembered me as being "fun"

13. Internet Police

Internet Police

Sep 4, 2011
    Remind me to bring my own seating should we meet. I'm surprised she did anything with you if you made her sit on the floor.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I don't do Facebook. I never even thought of this eventuality, but I can tell you I don't really want my ex-girlfriends snooping around. Just one more reason I'm glad not to be on it.

15. We should start a club or something. The " my ex found me on Facebook club"

Perhaps not :meh:

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm only friends with my Asian ex girlfriends. Ok, who am I kidding. I'm friends with the blondes too. Actually, I would hardly call them girlfriends. Ex FB's is more accurate. and that doesn't stand for Facebook.

Man, I'm a very dumb man. :scowl:

17. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    Dumb? Dude, you're the Einstein of poon.

18. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I think the question most of the guys have right now, is what kind of strings were you using at the time?

Word of advice: keep it all a distant memory and do not connect.

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah but all these ex fb's could backfire one day.

20. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    If that ever happens I'm sure you'll handle it in a very MacGyver-esque manner.