1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Old Guy - Newbie from Texas to Missouri

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by pbasskrc, Apr 4, 2009.

1. pbasskrc

pbasskrc

Apr 4, 2009
    hey gang. I'm an old guy joining Talk Bass.com. just thought I'd get available for anyone needing info. Gigged for years then had a family and backed out after the theft of all my gear. Just getting back into the gig scene. Checking out new gear and miss the old times. The new gear around still doesn't hold up to the bass gear from old. No solid state for this kid. What do you think?

2. Wecome from a guy seven years older than you. I happen to think the new gear is fantastic for the money; I had old P-basses (they were called pre-CBS then, not MIM--same stigma) in the 70s and they weren't close to what I've played the last ten years. IMHO.

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Welcome to TB!

I haven't heard the new SS rigs so no opinion so far. I'm still stuck on Sunn from the late '60 to early '70.

There's a "Returning bassists club" you might to join.

You might want to check the link in my thread to catch up on some of the stuff happening on TB.