Old guys; let's talk nose hair.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Here's my contribution to the inanity that is OT.

I'm starting to get on in years (27), and I'm starting to suffer the scourge of excessive nose hair. So like any soul seeking wisdom, I beseech the oracle of TalkBass. What are you guys using to combat this plague within your nostrils? Machinery? Brute strength? Incineration?
  2. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    yes, i have this little nosedildothingy. when the batteries run low it gets stuck sometimes, always good for a laugh and some tears.
  3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I pluck 'em. I take out the offenders as the appear. I've tried trimming with hair cutting scisors, but didn't have good results and I refuse to by a special device so pluck it is. It brings a tear to my eye.
    This reminds my of when I was just about 20 - I was at the barber shop for a hair cut and some old guy (a regular) was up before me and the 1st thing the barber asked him was "eyebrows and ears for you today?" I realized then that I had never even thought of trimming my eyebrows and wondered how long it would be. I'm 30 and I'm starting to get some really long eyebrow hairs from time to time - and yes, now I have trimmed the brows a time or two. My ears are still okay though.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I nearly fell out of my chair with laughter at the mental image of a nose hair dildo thingy running out of batteries mid-clip and getting stuck. thanks! :cool:
  5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    hmmmmmmm nose dildo
    well i dont call mine that but i have one
    comes with a few attachments so ya can clip yer brows back too
    plucking with a good tweezers is about the best method (good for the ears too) but plucking the nose hairs hurts like hell, i mean bad.
    Welcome to the old man's club benny!!! :D
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

lol... yup! it ain't an old thing for me. I'm just hairy, rumour mill in late grade school was sure my mom was raped by a bear. I've been plucking since I was in my late teens
  7. why don't you guys just try that "nads" stuff in your nostrils?

Gee, I wonder why the call the stuff nads...
  8. I use the nail scissors in a mini swiss army knife.
  9. I hand a pair of wire cutters to the wife.
  10. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I eat em, they taste goooooody good.
  11. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I lost my nose in Vietnam.
  12. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Another 1-up for the nasal-dildo; much better than pickin'.
  13. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

I #@$*@#($#@*$)( LOVE Benjamin Strange photo in profile :D I LOVE YOU MAN!

14. b2d2

Sep 1, 2004
    Seattle, Wa
    I use a Wahl nose dildothingy. Wahl is a pro men's hair care outfit, and it seems to me to be the best built. I've use a couple different ones too, so my opinion is based on experience. Oh, you might say, this guy has really done a bit of research on this. Yes, would be my reply, cause when you're 48, by then you're dealing with ear hair as well as nose hair! Did I hearn an ....."Ewwww?" :eyebrow:
  15. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Yeah that nose dildo thingy works...those lil buggers grow back too fast when plucked :bawl:
  16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    If you like putting nads in your nostrils, be my guest.

I just randomly yank 'em out with my fingernail tips.
  17. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    Same age, same problem.

Heres my solution.

1) pinch hairs with index finger and thumb
    2) pull
    3) repeat
  18. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    "Beavis! That dude rips nads outta his nose!"
    "Really? Cool! I'm gonna try that!"
    "You've got nose nads..."
  19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I use the trimmer attachment on my Panasonic shaver. I also have a nose hair trimmer thingy but the blades are getting dull, so it pulls the hairs.

Benjamin, ear hair is next. I don't have it bad yet, but I have two or three hairs near the entrance of each ear that I have to keep trimmed back.
  20. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Plucking nose hairs is a guilty pleasure. My problem is with the super-hair. You know. The big one. The big, grey one. The big, grey one that has the tensile strength of steel and is anchored somewhere near the base of your brain. They are staggering in length and more than a little frightening. Uber-hair.