Old head seeks new cab for lasting relati....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Forrest27, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Forrest27

Nov 24, 2004
    Respect to all the Bass hedz out there...

I would appreciate some advises in the following matter...

We are looking for some modern 4ohm (possibly 2ohm) cabs with good sub range to pair up to my ancient head.

Head: Acoustic 220 (4ohm / 2ohm) using pair of outputs

Thinking more 2(1x15) , or 2x(2x12)

I would be really happy if you have recommendations, cos what I've read so far indicates that alot of modern cabs are 8ohm and that just isnt right for my amp.

Ideally I'd like to run a pair of 2 ohm cabs, but I have a feeling nobody makes these new any more ? Or do you know better ??

Thats the question ...

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your responces

PS : If you are a sad and lonely bass player, sat in your room practicing so much that you have no social life - Have faith - there ARE bass groupies out there - cos I recently met a beautiful brazillian girl with the bass clef Tatooed on the back of her neck...
  2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
  3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    If you like the sound of sealed cabs, I would check out the Bergantino NV series. The NV215 is my fave, but the 610 and 425 both have their own vibe, and it'd be a matter of personal preference between the three.

4. Forrest27

Nov 24, 2004
    Chef and tombowlus thanks fellas - will pursue...
  5. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    ...yah, I didn't even ask her to do that, she said it was a "gift" a sort-of "thank-you" for my "gift" to her...

nice girl! :D