1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old Hi-A 8S, before Bartolini-

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by chetmz, Mar 12, 2008.

1. chetmz

chetmz

Dec 4, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Back in '77 I bought a '61 Precision and about a year later, at the urgings of a luthier who was building some interesting cusotm instruments, I replaced the original pick-up with a Hi-A
    8S. As any of you old geezers like me know, Bartolini's used to be marketed under this name.
    I have always been so pleased with the very warm, woody sound of this instrument with that pick-up and a set of Labella flats that I have never changed back. (I wish I still had the 2 old B-15's I used to play through)

A couple of questions. Does anyone know if the new 8S's are different than this old Hi A.

I have read some comparisons of new Fender P pick-ups to Barts but I am wondering if anyone has a P of similar vintage to mine that could comment on the sound.

Thanks