Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Old injury coming back to haunt me.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hi Peoples, and especially doctors...

A couple of years ago I got a thorn stuck in my right hand, between my index and middle fingers. It healed up seemingly okay.

But now for the last week I have felt a kind of buzzing in that area, as if my hand was asleep, and I am having a harder time closing those two fingers. When I make a fist, I can not bring them in all the way.

If my hand or fingers are messed up somehow, is that something that can usually be operated on, or is this going to continue to get worse? Does anyone have any thoughts of what I can do, in addition to seeing a doctor, to help improve this?

Thanks!!

2. Gabu man, I'm no doctor. The only thing I can think of is perhaps there's some scar tissue starting to form and press upon a nerve? I've heard of things like this happening after a while. Definitely get it looked at.

Mike

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Definatly no doctor here, but Ive heard that one of the signs of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome is a tingling in the hand sensastion and difficulty in making a fist. I never did any research on it so I am just going by hear say. Might even be a case of tendonitis, I honestly dont know. Try researching each on the web untill you can make your doctors appointment.

4. I agree with the above. Tingling is usually causes by the start of CPS, tendonitus tends to put you straight into extreme pain when moving the tendon. NO other affects - as far as I know. Tendonitus can also lead to CPS.

The scar tissue thing I have no idea about, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the cause.

Get it checked out, ASAP, before you DO do more damage!!

hope you get it sorted! :cool: