1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Old Kubicki?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lamborghini98, Jul 27, 2005.

1. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I was at GC on 48th street today, and i THINK i saw an older used Kubicki. Ive never seen a Kubicki like that before... it was a standard PJ with an EMG PJ set, a BadAss bridge and an ebony fretboard. I think it was going for like 530 bucks or something like that, but there were many a thing missing...like most of the controls (at least all of the knobs were replaced-maybe more damage was done-, the salesman wasnt very helpful in identifying anything). Im no expert on Kubickis, so a. might this have been one? and b. is this as much of a tragedy as I think it is?

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I have never seen a kubicki with a PJ set up. I've seen one modded with sadowsky J's and stu hamms with a P in between the to humbuckers but never a PJ. It could possibly be a key factor (assuming it had tuning keys becuase of the badass) that was modded to hell. If you could take some picks next time, this seems interesting?